Home » In-house Legal Counsel & Company Secretary
- October 07, 2019
In-house Legal Counsel & Company Secretary
Our client, Epigenetica, is a high growth biotechnology company that has made significant progress in the development of a crop epigenetic delivery system, which is demonstrating substantial increased growth in cannabis and large potential for reduced costs. The company’s approach is threefold: to combine advanced tissue culture with epigenetics and vertical automated growing to overcome the unique challenges of transforming cannabis horticulture. This approach also has longer term applicability beyond cannabis to many sectors of agriculture.
The company is currently raising investment to complete the development of its IP portfolio and to deploy it to the mass market. The expectation is that Epigenetica will have a market value in excess of $200m within the next three years.
The In-House Legal Counsel & Company Secretary is a position of considerable responsibility at the heart of Epigenetica. The intention is for the role to grow in breadth in the future and the successful candidate is likely to have the capacity and ambition to develop the opportunity. The business will be happy to support training for the successful candidate to become a qualified In-House Legal Counsel & Company Secretary.
The In-House Legal Counsel & Company Secretary reports to the Chief Executive and to the Board. Responsibilities strike a balance between advisory and administration. The job holder will be encouraged to shape and develop the scope of their role as the company itself develops.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Excellent communication and stakeholder relationship management skills
- The initiative to discharge your responsibilities without detailed direction
- The ability to think as well as to do
- The judgement to know when to seek support from colleagues and when to get on yourself
- The flexibility and flair to contribute beyond your specific role
- A qualified Solicitor, Chartered Secretary, or similar background would be advantageous
- Preferred previous experience of working in or with highly entrepreneurial, high growth business environments
Interested candidates should send their CV, with full remuneration details, to Adam Brown, of FWB Park Brown at email@example.com. For a confidential discussion, please call 0131 539 7087.