Home » Inclusion & Diversity Manager
- September 13, 2019
The Weir Group PLC is a global business headquartered in Glasgow, Scotland, with a reputation for excellence in the design and manufacture of specialist equipment. The company provides highly engineered mission-critical solutions for mining, energy and infrastructure customers around the world.
Its engineers work closely with customers to understand their operational challenges and help improve productivity and lower total operating costs. As a trusted market leader Weir knows the importance of customer support in the need-it-now industries it serves. With an unrivalled global network of over 100 service centres, Weir ensures customers get the solutions they need where and when they need them. It is this customer-focused approach that has led Weir to become one of the world’s leading engineering businesses, with approximately 18,000 people operating in over 70 countries.
Weir Group PLC has been listed on the London Stock Exchange since 1947 and currently has a market capitalisation of circa £4.5 billion. The Group reported revenues of £2.5bn for the year ending 31 December 2018, with an operating profit of £348m. The Group is composed of three divisions that each serve aftermarket-intensive markets with positive long-term prospects.
Purpose of Role
The Weir Group is committed to creating a truly inclusive culture where everyone is treated equally, where every voice is heard, and where people feel respected, supported and empowered to be themselves and do their best work. We also see many opportunities to develop a workforce that increasingly reflects the diversity of the markets in which we operate.
The overall purpose of this role is to support the implementation of Weir’s Inclusion & Diversity (I&D) strategy. You will act as a strategic partner to the business and take ownership for supporting a programme of global initiatives to embed I&D across the global business.
This work underpins the ‘We are Weir’ strategic framework, and corresponding global People Strategy.
Key Responsibilities and Specific Accountabilities:
Work with the Head of Engagement to support the delivery of Weir’s global I&D Strategy
- Liaise as required with the GEx sponsor for I&D (Chief Finance Officer) and Chief People Officer on the strategic implementation of the I&D Strategy
- Help to coordinate the Global I&D Steering Committee including preparing for meetings, developing our online resource site etc
- With the support of the global I&D Steering Committee, work with the business to build commitment to inclusion and diversity at all levels
- Take ownership for supporting the delivery of a programme of initiatives which will help the business to achieve strategic I&D objectives
- Work with our HR and other leadership teams as required on inclusive processes and policies, consulting on where improvement can be made to build a more inclusive culture
- Provide subject matter expertise to colleagues, bringing a knowledge of methods to increase I&D within Weir and an ability to communicate and influence others
- Establish a programme of affinity/ alliance groups across the global business in line with demand
- Conduct I&D reporting and analysis mechanisms in line with the information available
- Stay at the forefront of best practice on I&D and identify opportunities for ongoing development and enhancement at Weir
Education and/or Experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Experience in delivering an I&D strategy in a business setting, preferably with global, manufacturing experience
- Proven ability to generate ideas, proposals and initiatives to deliver measurable change
- A good understanding of methods to communicate and influence others on an I&D agenda
- Knowledge of I&D best practice
- Understanding of monitoring and evaluating inclusion, diversity and equality within an organisation, and experience in positively managing the effectiveness of an I&D strategy and its initiatives
There will also be a requirement for some international travel from time to time.
We welcome applications from those who may wish to work flexibility e.g. location, hours, part time.
Interested candidates should send their CV, with full remuneration details, to Graham Burns of FWB Park Brown at email@example.com. For a confidential conversation, please call 0131 539 7087.