Home » Infrastructure Director
- October 23, 2020
The Infrastructure Director reports to the Managing Director at HMNB Clyde and is accountable for the infrastructure projects, waterfront operations and maintenance of all built assets across Faslane and Coulport at a strategic level.
The purpose of the role is therefore to lead, direct and develop the Infrastructure Directorate within Babcock Marine (Clyde) ensuring that business objectives, plans and policies are consistently being met across all contracts.
As a member of the Executive board this role will make a significant contribution to strategic decisions at executive level. The role has a responsibility for up to £70m revenue per annum and approx. 650 employees within the directorate.
The postholder will be responsible for the safe and effective execution of all operations and services delivered by the Infrastructure Directorate, which comprises the following departments: Infrastructure Development, Infrastructure Operations, Performance, Compliance and the Direct Labour Organisation.
The postholder will be required to promote a culture which results in a safe working environment for all and strive to continually reduce the number and severity of injury accidents in both nuclear and non-nuclear environmental incidents.
A key part of the role will be to act as the primary interface with MoD customers promoting a collaborative working environment. Responsibility for Employee Relations/TU relationships and motivating teams to work collaboratively is also critical.
The postholder will be required to successfully and effectively lead the Directorate through complex transformational change, bringing change initiatives and monitoring progress against the programme.
Additional key responsibilities include:
- Ensure the continued development and improvement of safety management arrangements across the Clyde spectrum specifically including the control, operation and maintenance of nuclear safety implicated infrastructure
- Deploy suitable controls and performance measures for directorate activities (safety, time, cost, quality, risk). Analyse and evaluate the performance and compliance of operations instigating the need for any subsequent improvement necessary
- Develop integrated plans and objectives to ensure the effective delivery of the Infrastructure capability in accordance with business requirements securing the organisation as expert in the field of risk-based, data-driven through life Asset Management across HMNB Clyde
- Ensure that adequate resources (people, skills, systems, behaviours and culture) are available to develop and maintain a robust service delivery organisation
- Ensuring the business operates within the appropriate financial and commercial governance and boundaries; baseline costs, revenue streams, variations and identifying risk and opportunities is an essential requirement
- Provide senior oversight and support in delivering the ABL alliance, at RNAD Coulport, which includes attending board governance meetings
To be successful in this role you will require:
- High levels of competency in the delivery of a safe working environment where Safety features front and foremost in the approach to managing the Directorate. Ability to lead by example in demonstrating industry leading safety practices will be required
- Proven track record at senior level, with experience of successfully managing infrastructure assets in a complex environment.
- Experience in implementing transformational change successfully, and a passion for driving such change
- A demonstrable track record in Customer satisfaction and delivering KPIs, providing evidence of strong customer relationships and continuous performance improvement
- High level of confidence and proven ability in managing the customer experience, Trade Union engagement and ensuring high levels of staff engagement, engaging at a senior level on strategic staff priorities and issues
Knowledge and experience of the following is also important:
- Asset Management including philosophy and principles of ISO 5501 for facilities, plant and equipment maintenance
- Fiduciary duties and responsibilities of a Director
- Quality management
- Contract and Commercial management
- Financial accounting, management and reporting
- Strategy development and execution including Organisational Design
- Business winning in a complex sales environment
- Programme and project management, including NEC contracts, CDM and BIM
Knowledge and experience of the following is desirable:
- An understanding of nuclear regulations
- MoD Procurement and contracting practices
- Nuclear safety regulation and management
- Nuclear and Non-Nuclear and safety legislation
- Naval Base Authorisation Conditions, interface with Civil Nuclear Licence
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
To apply, please send your CV to Adam Brown, Director at FWB Park Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org. For an initial discussion, please contact Adam on 0131 539 7087.
- Faslane; Helensburgh