Home » Interim Head of Programmes & Projects
- September 13, 2023
18 months Fixed Term Contract
Agile working 60 – 80% home based, office location is Stirling.
Zero Waste Scotland exists to lead Scotland to use products and resources responsibly, focusing on where they can have the greatest impact on climate change. Using evidence and insight, their goal is to inform policy and motivate individuals and businesses to embrace the environmental economic and social benefits of a circular economy.
Zero Waste Scotland provides leadership and practical support to encourage the growth of the circular economy in Scotland. Whether you’re a private citizen or a business owner, a local authority employee or a community group member, they have a wide range of information and advice available.
They are a not for profit organisation, funded by the Scottish Government and European Regional Development Fund.
They have a four-year corporate plan which will see an evolution in the organisation. They currently receive c.£25m of Public Sector funding per annum and must continue to maximise impact from investment whilst also acquire new funding.
In improving organisational efficiencies, they strive to forge new ways of achieving greater reach and more impactful results. Our organisation is at the heart of a political and public shift in attitudes towards climate change and the environmental consequences of our lifestyles, this is a really exciting time to join the organisation.
The Interim Head of Programmes and Projects will be a pioneering, collaborative, focused and authentic leader who is inspired by our mission, passionate about our vision and committed to delivering our Corporate Plan. As a member of our Leadership Team (LT), they will role model behaviours that underpin our values. They will lead from the front driving high performance, colleague development and staff engagement. The Interim Head of Programmes and Projects will need to be a confident, strategic, commercial thinker with a solution focused approach. They must have a good understanding of portfolio management best practice and the ability to lead and develop their team within the Programme and Projects function to support the delivery our strategic outcomes.
The successful candidate
To be considered for this role, you will be able to commence the 18 month contract in Autumn 2023.
You will be an exceptional leader of teams and people, a positive influence with a solutions based focus. A strategic thinker with a good understanding of portfolio and project management best practice with the ability to lead and develop a team.
You will have:
- Relevant experience in portfolio, programme or project management
- Relevant experience in leading, managing and developing high performing individuals and teams
- Good experienced of budgeting, financial planning and management with the ability to plan and allocate appropriate resources.
- The ability to understand business constraints and drivers and adapt arguments to address these.
- Demonstrable success in building trust and effecting strong and effective relationships with colleagues at all levels and external stakeholders to achieve results
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to negotiate with and influence key stake holders to achieve positive outcomes.
- Demonstrable experience of personal resilience during change and helping others to adapt quickly to
- form flexible and high performing teams.
- Knowledge of quality management principles and processes, risk assessment and management principles and processes.
- Good understanding of project / program management techniques and methods, eg Prince 2, agile, PMI
How to apply
We would love to hear from you and interested candidates should send their CV to Jaclyn Needham of FWB Park Brown at email@example.com. For an initial confidential conversation, please call us on 0131 539 7087.
- Hybrid / Stirling