Home » Internal Audit Manager
- May 24, 2018
MB Aerospace (MBAe) is a Private Equity backed Tier 1 precision component supplier to the commercial and military aero-engine and industrial gas turbine markets. The company has major operations in the US, Poland, Taiwan and UK and is focused on providing highly-engineered complex aero-engine components to a diverse range of over 85 aircraft platforms.
MBAe is seeking an Internal Audit (IA) Manager, to be based in Motherwell, UK, to direct the company’s internal audit and compliance programs. This role will lead the enterprise-wide audit risk assessment process and will be responsible for developing and offering recommendations on further internal control assessment activities and internal audits.
As a new position, the IA Manager will be responsible for the design and build of the Internal Audit function, codifying the existing governance / accounting policies / controls and procedures into a Group Finance Manual and then quickly developing a testing cyclical approach to match this framework. Additionally, building out a suite of reports on control environment to support the CFO, the Board and stakeholders as required.
The IA Manager will be skilled at controls/systems design and comfortable supporting operational teams to correct any identified control environment deficiencies quickly and robustly.
- Assess MBAe’s financials, operational systems, and regulatory risks resulting in the preparation and execution of specific audit programs.
- Support and implement risk based audit methodologies and techniques, policies and procedures to ensure that audit work is conducted to a consistently high standard.
- Swiftly identifying and assessing business problems, discussing issues and potential solutions with the business partners, developing and implementing corrective actions.
- Identify internal control opportunities for improvement generally; Responsible for overarching delivery of the annual internal audit plan ensuring both operational excellence around planning, co-ordination and execution of specific projects at the MBAe expected standards.
- Work closely, collaboratively, and strategically with the MBAe executive management team and MBAe Counsel to report status of audit activities and to forecast, identify, and prevent control breakdowns that could impact MBAe’s brand, business sustainability, and/or customer loyalty.
- Present audit conclusions and recommendations to executive management team and/or Board of Directors.
- Develop and maintain a quality assurance program that covers all aspects of Internal Audit activity and continuously monitors its effectiveness
- Maintain liaison with government audit agencies, regulatory authorities and independent public accountants to ascertain scope of audits, monitors findings, and recommends corporate action and audit responses.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, regional and/or federal/national regulations and proper reporting.
- Conduct special investigations of fraud, waste, or abuse and recommend course of action.
- Prepare clear, concise audit reports, presentations, and general updates as often as needed to audiences of varying technical expertise and levels of responsibility.
- Assume responsibility and accountability for any additional MBAe activity, as reasonably requested by MBAe or the Board that furthers the assurance of organisational compliance with corporate governance, the highest ethical standards and supports control and systems viability and robustness across the business.
The successful candidate will be a CA or ACA qualified finance professional with ideally 5 years PQE in internal audit, preferably from a manufacturing/precision engineering environment. This position has great exposure to senior stakeholders in a global company, with many outstanding opportunities for development and career progression. The successful candidate will therefore be an ambitious high achiever with a strong desire to work for a fast growing Private Equity sponsored business, and able to display the right levels of credibility and discretion to operate well at this level.
Interested candidates should send their CV, with full remuneration details, to Graham Burns of FWB Park Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org. For a confidential conversation, please call 0131 539 7087.