Home » L&D Manager
- August 31, 2023
The Port of Tilbury (London) is the largest of 8 ports owned by Forth Ports.
As London’s major port it is also the largest multi-modal port in the South East, and 3rd largest port group in the UK. Sitting on the north bank of the Thames just 22 nautical miles east of central London, it is perfectly placed to handle cargo for London and the rest of the South East, with easy access to the M25 and 18 million people within 75 miles.
The port has an annual throughput of 16 million tonnes per annum and this is estimated to value around £8.7 billion; this makes it the largest port on the Thames. The varied cargoes are spread across an estate in excess of 1,000 acres and are imported and exported by a variety of short and deep sea vessels. Offering operational support for different cargoes, the port can support ro-ro, container, forest products, grain and bulks as well as cruises and property solutions.
This permanent role is responsible for Learning and Development across the Port of Tilbury, creating, managing and delivering a broad portfolio of programmes to meet the needs of our business, people and the ambitious growth plans for the port over the next 5 years.
Managing a team of 5 Learning Advisors and Instructors your team will act as a centre of expertise for all L&D activity and processes across the port functions and assets. You and your team will focus on continuous improvement while partnering with the business areas and Senior managers. You will use data insights and critical thinking to inform your own decision making to shape our L&D strategy and delivery aligned to our values. This role will also involve measuring and reporting on both activity and effectiveness of learning and development and to ensure we have a joined-up and consistent approach to support the L&D requirements across the Forth Ports group.
The successful candidate
- Experienced L & D Manager with multi-site experience and managing a team.
- CIPD or degree level or equivalent qualifications / relevant experience, particularly in a relevant field of training management and development.
- Experience in creating an L&D strategy and deliverables for a multi-site environment.
- Ability to identify key business priorities and react quickly and with agility in order to develop L&D solutions
- IT Literate – proficient in MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and familiarity with e-learning platforms and practices
- Experience in designing classroom, virtual and bespoke business skills programmes
- Sound presentation skills with the ability to engage those around you. Proven delivery both face to face and virtual delivery
- Ideally qualified in the use of psychometric instruments
To apply, please send your CV to Jaclyn Needham, Director at FWB Park Brown at email@example.com. For an initial confidential conversation please contact 0131 539 7087.