Home » Learning & Development Consultant
- March 07, 2022
At Aegon, they’ve been helping customers achieve financial security since they started out as Scottish Equitable back in 1831. Over the years, they have evolved the brand by combining a proud heritage with Aegon’s global strength. As one of the world’s largest financial service organisations, they work with advisers, employers and individuals to offer long-term savings, investments, pension solutions and protection products.
Purpose of Role
Aegon is in transformation and this is a great opportunity to add value to the wider organisation during a once in a career opportunity to play an important role in the vision for the organisation.
This role will work as part of the UK L&D who are responsible for all L&D activity across the organisation to ensure skillsets are built for the future.
In this role, you will be responsible for the successful delivery of the L&D team’s core offering, ensuring all objectives are delivered. You will form part of a team who are focussed on a variety of learning programmes that increase the capability of AEGON’s talented workforce. You will support the L&D manager to develop and roll out the strategy.
- You will use your skills of delivering blended learning to use technology in a creative way to deliver the L&D core offering of programmes.
- As an L&D Subject Matter expert you will provide advice, guidance and direction to the Senior Leadership team, HR and Internal communications teams and to the wider AEGON business.
- Use your consultative skills to identify appropriate learning solutions that support the business area’s requests and objectives in a tailored way.
- Undertake Learning need analysis to assess, inform and shape the identified learning solutions and in turn deliver and develop the solutions using evaluations to focus on continual improvements.
- Have a focus on inclusion and diversity and engage with the Leadership, Talent and Performance management frameworks to ensure that colleagues are informed and supported with a real focus on “brilliant” conversations.
To be considered for this role you will have a proven experience in an L&D capacity, adding value at every opportunity. You will be a strong communicator with the ability to collaborate at all levels. The successful candidate will have the ability to think and act strategically as well as delivering programmes to larger groups in both in person and remotely.
AEGON have offices in Edinburgh / Peterborough / Whitham Once it is safe to do so they look forward to welcoming everyone back and collaborating in new and exciting ways. This would include you, should your application be successful. So, it is important that you live within a commutable distance to our office as we plan to have a hybrid model in the future – with colleagues splitting their time between office and home working.
Interested candidates should send their CV, with full remuneration details, to Jaclyn Needham of FWB Park Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org. For a confidential conversation, please call 0131 539 7087.