Home » People Engagement – Learning and Development Manager
- September 15, 2022
Brodies LLP is a UK law firm headquartered in Scotland. It is the largest in its jurisdiction measured by income, directory rankings, and lawyer numbers. In the last three years, the firm’s revenue has grown by 20%, and they have added nearly 100 new colleagues. Today, they have close to 800 people working from their bases in Aberdeen, Inverness, Edinburgh and Glasgow. Brodies combine colleagues’ expertise in all business areas, to deliver Enlightened Thinking – new knowledge and new legal possibilities – uniquely suited to their Scottish, UK and international clients.
This newly created role will work in partnership with the People and Engagement team to ensure that colleagues at all levels continually advance their skills and knowledge and build a footprint for learning across the whole firm. The successful candidate will work closely with managers across the firm to ensure all L&D opportunities are provided in line with the firm’s strategic objectives.
This is a rare opportunity for a candidate to take their career learnings and adapt them to forward thinking organisation who are committed to investing in their people.
In this role you will:
- Set the learning strategy and framework
- Be the go to team member for all L&D activities
- Understand the varying needs across the organisation and practice areas and deliver proactive and innovative learning solutions to fulfil those needs.
- Work closely across the firm to support career development and create exemplary managers
- Track and manage all budget activity to control current and future costs
- Utilise internal and external networks to apply current and emerging Learning solutions
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience in a Learning and Development role, ideally in a professional services setting with a proven track record in delivery and solutions based advice
- Be knowledgeable and passionate across a broad range of progressive Learning solutions
- Possess a strong academic background with CIPD qualification or equivalent experience
- Have excellent training delivery, design experience
- Have the ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels and influence and persuade
Brodies is committed to equality, diversity & the creation of an inclusive work environment. They value the skills, experience and perspective that a diverse and representative workforce offers in terms of our ability to deliver top class legal services to our clients.
We welcome applicants who possess the above skillset and have a desire to make long lasting impact in the career journey of individuals.
For more information and to apply, please email or send your CV and covering letter to Jaclyn Needham at email@example.com
- Edinburgh / Glasgow / Aberdeen / Inverness