Home » Managing Director
- July 22, 2022
Highlander has long been driven by a passion for making the outdoors accessible for all. Once seen as an expensive pursuit, on account of the cost of buying the right clothing and equipment, Highlander have spent the last forty years challenging this. A family business, Highlander design and distribute an extremely broad range of high quality but affordable outdoor clothing and equipment, to help people look good, feel good and stay safe in every weather condition that the variable UK climate can throw at us.
Founded by Bahram Golzari in the 1980s, the Golzari family and all staff members retain a deep and enduring love for the outdoors. This shared passion is reflected in the Highlander Brand, its products, customer experience, culture and the way the business has evolved and developed over the years.
With exciting new developments on the horizon and significant potential for growth, the opportunity has arisen for an outstanding Managing Director to lead the business from its UK headquarters in Livingston. The Managing Director will be accountable for all key decision making and continuing the growth of the business, supported by the General Manager and established team in place.
- Lead the development and execution of the Highlander brand and commercial strategies for both domestic and international markets
- Provide commercial insight and leadership to the business, managing budgets, resource planning and overall delivery of P&L
- Continually deliver an aspirational brand position across the portfolio, ensuring Highlander stays relevant and desirable across all brands and customer segments
- Optimise daily communication across Sales, Marketing and Finance, providing effective coaching and feedback and building high performing teams
- Build strong relationships with all stakeholders work collaboratively to ensure ecommerce, product development and digital marketing strategy and performance are aligned with business growth plans
- Develop and drive a culture of excellence within the team, with particular focus on being highly visible both within the business and externally to customers
- Lead by example
We are looking to appoint an extremely commercial and highly credible leader into this role. We are flexible on background but experience of scaling a multi-brand portfolio in domestic and international markets is required. Candidates need not necessarily be operating at Managing Director level right now but should come with a successful track record in sales, marketing, ecommerce, B2B and B2C omni-channel retail and distribution themselves and also in leading teams that have achieved great things.
Highlander is very much a family business and the preferred candidate will be able to display inherent values and behaviours consistent with this environment.
For full details on the role and further information on the company please download the candidate brochure here.
Interested candidates should send their CV, with full remuneration details, to Graham Burns of FWB Park Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org. For a confidential conversation, please call 07738 182813.