Home » Managing Director
- October 01, 2023
The Fire Protection Association (FPA) is the UK’s national fire safety organisation. It works hard to identify the dangers of fire and reduce all fire-related risks. Established in 1946 by the Association of British Insurers (ABI) to be the core voice of fire safety for the Fire Offices’ Committee, the heritage of the FPA lies in sharing fire safety messages and information to government, businesses, members and the wider public.
Over the years, many fire organisations and associations have been bought and sold but the FPA has remained the centre point of fire safety expertise and guidance for the ABI. In 2013, it established its own fire testing laboratory to assist government and commercial testing and further commit to the FPA vision of advancing standards and best practice within the fire safety and prevention sector.
The FPA has an unrivalled reputation for quality and expertise in all aspects of fire protection including research, consultancy, training, publications, risk surveying and auditing. All services are central to the reputation built amongst members and advocates who trust their expertise.
The FPA are now in a position to appoint a new Managing Director (MD) for the organisation. Reporting to the Non-Executive Chair, the MD will have a central remit for all aspects of the organisations operational, commercial, cultural and financial performance. He or she will naturally be a very strong leader with outstanding communication, influencing and relationship building skills across a wide range of multi-dimensional stakeholders.
Purpose of the role:
- To provide strong leadership, direction and guidance to the Executive Leadership Team, with a view to achieving the organisations vision, strategy and goals.
- Create the leadership capability and manage the day-to-day activities to successfully and efficiently deliver FPA services and objectives.
- Act as an ambassador for the FPA, engaging with major customers, Government, ABI and their members, including Board representatives.
- Develop the future business development and growth opportunities, bringing the Executive Leadership Team along with and making appropriate recommendations to the Board.
- Engage, with confidence and gravitas, with the Public and Private Sectors in equal measure and inspire, drive and influence internal and external stakeholders.
- Further raise the profile of the FPA and position the organisation firmly ahead of the curve in terms of safety, security and thought leadership.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead a highly innovative, relevant and hugely important organisation at a very interesting stage of its development. Applications are welcomed from outstanding leaders with a wide range of commercial backgrounds. Experience of leading complex, SME organisations in the service sector and managing a diverse range of stakeholders will be particularly useful. Some exposure to the insurance industry, construction, fire protection and related industries will also be of value.
To view the candidate brochure, please click here.
Interested candidates should send their CV, with full remuneration details, to Graham Burns of FWB Park Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org. For a confidential conversation, please call 0131 539 7087.