Home » Manufacturing Manager
- October 27, 2023
Mowi ASA is one of the largest seafood companies in the world, and the world’s largest producer of Atlantic salmon with 11,500 employees, operating in 26 countries and a Group turnover of €4.9 billion. Since the Mowi adventure started in 1964 the company has grown and changed in many ways. From its humble beginnings, when a few pioneers started farming fish in their back yards, through to the present day, Mowi has become a global leader in its field. As the company has grown, both organically and as a result of mergers and acquisitions, Mowi has maintained its leading position at the forefront of the aquaculture industry.
As part of a strategic recruitment programme to support growth of the (Consumer Products) production facility and business unit in Rosyth, this is an excellent opportunity to play a key role in leading part of one of MOWIs largest operational functions, providing effective leadership to several hundred operatives across one of the key production areas.
Reporting to the Factory Manager, the Manufacturing Manager will be responsible for managing the critical aspects of the manufacturing business including upkeeping standards, safety, as well as drive area performance and manage people within their area.
They will be responsible for leading, managing and developing shift leaders, ensuring that the company culture of trust and communication is maintained.
The wide scope of the role will require the future role holder to champion leadership of the team alongside ensuring efficient, effective and safe performance in production.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Running the day-to-day operations ensuring that the area performance targets are met through their Shift Leaders
- Managing all aspects of Quality, Environmental GMP, Hygiene and Health and Safety.
- Ensuring that assigned production area is appropriately resourced, including people, facilities, raw materials and packing, in order to deliver on all targets in line with the weekly plans.
- Be accountable for approval of payroll, including overtime requests.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
We are looking for a creative, inspiring and collaborative Manufacturing Manager, who has a passion for people development.
The successful candidate will have a proactive and engaging approach to leading their functions and the desire to drive operational improvement programmes across their own and other areas of the factory.
The Manufacturing Manager will possess most of the following:
- Strong experience in leading medium-large scale teams in a demanding, fast paced production environment
- Outstanding ability to communicate at all levels, ensuring that key information is always delivered and understood by everyone
- The ability and desire to drive change through positive communication, employee engagement and structured planning
- Experience of developing staff through continuous development, coaching and empowering to create improved performance
- Strong problem-solving analytical skills.
- Exposure to and experience of driving CI programmes and ease in using trending, root cause analysis and problem-solving tools to continuously improve processes.
- A degree of commercial and business awareness, with an ability to positively influence and engage all stakeholders.
- A minimum third level/technical qualification or equivalent experience in relevant discipline.
To view the candidate brochure, please click here.
Interested candidates should send their CV, with full remuneration details, to Jamie Brown of FWB Park Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org. For a confidential conversation, please call 0131 539 7087.