Home » Manufacturing Manager
- November 13, 2020
Mowi ASA is one of the largest seafood companies in the world, and the world’s largest producer of Atlantic salmon with 14,500 employees, operating in 25 countries and a Group turnover of €3.8 billion. Since the Mowi adventure started in 1964 the company has grown and changed in many ways. From its humble beginnings, when a few pioneers started farming fish in their back yards, through to the present day, Mowi has become a global leader in its field. As the company has grown, both organically and as a result of mergers and acquisitions, Mowi has maintained its leading position at the forefront of the aquaculture industry.
More than 6 million Mowi meals are enjoyed around the world every day. Thanks to their world-leading, innovative and sustainable approach, we offer a wide selection of healthy, delicious seafood, their customers can choose from a range of products, including whole gutted fish, fillets and steaks, to ready-to-eat items like smoked salmon and portioned fish.
In a newly created position due to expansion, we are seeking to appoint a Manufacturing Manager to Mowi’s Consumer Products business, based in Rosyth, Fife.
Supporting one of the most critical business units within Mowi, this is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Manufacturing leader professional to join a truly global business and lead the development of operational standards and attitudes within the consumer products business.
Reporting directly into the Factory Manager, the individual will be one of three manufacturing area managers and will form part of the factory management team and will have the opportunity to lead and develop a team in excess of 100 people, driving improvement in processes through lean manufacturing.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
We are looking for a passionate and forward-thinking manufacturing leader to join the business with the ability to win the hearts and minds of people, influencing and inspiring those around them, bringing a mix of rigour and attention to detail and the interpersonal skills to drive operational improvement on a continual basis.
- Significant experience within a manufacturing operations position where you have led large teams within (preferably) a food or drink related environment, although we will consider candidates from related high volume, fast paced environments
- Experience of driving and delivering continual improvement programmes and an understanding of lean manufacturing techniques
- A relevant Health & Safety qualification (Supervising Safely), NEBOSH
- Solid understanding of food safety and quality (preferably with a relevant qualification) in a short-life chilled environment
- The gravitas and presence to influence stakeholders at various levels of the organisation including senior management
- Evidence of managing and influencing ‘soft issues’ (values, beliefs, attitudes) in a complex manufacturing environment
- An understanding of health, safety and quality requirements associated with a food production environment
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills with an ability to facilitate and coach those around them
- Ability to challenge the views of others in a constructive and convincing manner where it is required to bring about positive change
- A record of multi-tasking, identifying priorities and ‘trouble shooting’ as required
For further information please send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a confidential discussion.