Home » Managing Director
- September 28, 2016
Our client, Don & Low, part of the Thrace Group since 1999, is looking to appoint a Managing Director (MD).
Don & Low is one of the largest and most profitable divisions of the Thrace Group, it employs 460 people and operates autonomously within the group. The business manufactures industrial textiles and is split into two product lines: woven and non-woven products. Don & Low is profitable and performing well, and the strategic ambition is for further growth. This role represents a very exciting time to join the business.
The key priorities for the MD will be to understand the markets, customers and competitors of Don & Low and to adopt a highly strategic approach to drive sales, profile and growth in each market. Accordingly, and given the existing strength in the areas of Production, Operations and Finance, the right candidate must have a strong background in marketing and, in addition to a market driven mind set, he or she should be outgoing and approachable in style, excel in all externally facing situations, be proactive and interact well within the Group.
The MD will:
- Report to the Company Chairman and be responsible for delivering results and driving long term profitable growth i.e. the MD will have full profit and loss responsibility
- Work closely with the Company Chairman and Finance Director to set strategy and lead the implementation of the strategy
- Develop, manage and drive a highly effective sales force
- Lead the Innovation and Development function to develop new applications for products
- Develop the capability and depth of the senior management team
- Act as a custodian of the standards and culture within the company
- Have overall responsibility for Health & Safety within the company
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a track record of success within a demanding industrial business environment. We are looking for an experienced leader of people with the credibility and presence to drive success. The right candidate will combine ability and track record with high potential, appetite to learn and excitement about being part of this journey.