Home » Managing Director
- November 20, 2014
Loch Duart Ltd is a proud and very different Scottish Salmon farming company. The difference begins with a ‘best practice’ approach to rearing salmon and ends with a product which is consistently judged superior in taste, quality, colour and overall perception, as evidenced by the number of leading international restaurants which serve Loch Duart farmed salmon by name. Loch Duart enjoys an extraordinary level of brand recognition as a primary food producer. This company is dedicated to supplying the finest farmed salmon to discerning customers in domestic and export markets.
Loch Duart has built a reputation for going beyond ‘Best practice’ and innovating in salmon farming. The company intends to build on and enhance this hard-earned reputation through research and development and the most progressive approach to producing delicious farmed salmon. The Executive includes the founding directors who, to this day, remain totally involved in every aspect of the day to day activities.
Loch Duart is looking to appoint a Managing Director. This is a key appointment for the business at a time of significant change and as the business consolidates and sets a platform for growth, the Managing Director will play a key part, along with the senior management team and the Board, in the implementation of a focussed company strategy going forward.
We are looking for somebody with strong leadership and management skills who can build and lead an effective and motivated team, all pulling together in the same direction with a strong customer focussed approach.
Key aspects of the role will centre around the following:
- Shape and drive a positive, successful team focussed on success
- Oversee operational planning to achieve best possible yields and quality
- Work closely with Sales & Marketing to drive maximum revenues from new and existing clients
- Work across geographically disparate sites to ensure effective communication and delivery of overall company goals
- Develop strategy for future growth alongside the Board
Clearly the Managing Director will be integral in implementing and driving growth strategy for Loch Duart and consequently this position offers an outstanding opportunity for the right person at a time of significant opportunity for the organisation internationally.
Key criteria required of potential candidates:
- Likely to be currently Operations/Commercial Director, General Manager/Managing Director (ideally) or similar in a related industry i.e. FMCG, agriculture, dairy, whisky.
- An outstanding general management professional, with excellent leadership skills and a focus on implementation and delivery. An entrepreneurial style and approach with experience of growing and scaling an SME.
- An approach which aligns and develops operations and related functions to support Loch Duart in achieving its strategic objectives.
- Ability to understand, empathise, influence and collaborate at all levels and to create a culture of excellence across the business.
- A flexible and open approach combined with the drive, ambition and passion to deliver strong results to the bottom line.
- A strong influencing style, able to absorb and engage, taking people with them successfully towards achieving the aims and objectives of the organisation, with an innovative and creative approach to problem solving.