Home » Global Financial Controller
- April 29, 2015
Insights is a successful and growing global people development company. The company’s purpose is to create a world where people truly understand themselves and others, and are inspired to make a positive difference in everything they do.
They strive to inspire and transform organisations with a simple and practical, results-driven approach to people development. See www.insights.com
The business already has significant scale and this is a key and influential appointment to support the global opportunities it has. Reporting to the Director of Financial and Corporate Affairs, the appointee will be responsible for the overall financial management of the business and will also be expected to support the development of strategy across all areas of the business. Of particular focus will be, to drive focus in Insight’s KPIs, such as cash generation, working capital, organic growth, productivity and EBITDA.
We are therefore looking for a confident and engaging Senior Leader with appropriate experience. Someone who can combine excellent technical skills (qualified accountant) with strong commercial acumen. Candidates will need to be both hands-on and strategic, pro-active, solutions focussed and results driven.
- The overall financial management of the Global business including accounting, financial analyses and reporting, budgeting, all statutory filing and (tax) audits in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Lead the Finance team to optimise the company’s financial performance and strategic position, and take overall control of the company’s accounting function
- Lead, coach and develop the finance team in the UK
- Help drive the business to meet its operational and financial targets and make informed decisions by pro-active analysis and reporting and to identify and help implement solutions
- Contribute to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate, and provide financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers
- As a Finance Business Partner for the Executive fully contribute to the strategy across all areas of the global business and establish operational targets and metrics
- Manage end-to-end budgeting and forecasting processes, P&L, Balance Sheet, financial reporting process, cash flow
- Drive focus and excellent performance in the company’s Key Performance Indicators such as cash generation, working capital, organic growth, productivity, EBITDA and optimize the underlying processes
- Ensure that the Global financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth
- Develop strategy for global cash management and have accountability for the company cash management policies of the UK
- Ensuring that financial systems and processes comply with regulations and driving programme of continuous improvement to review and audit
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including suppliers and customers
- A confident and engaging Senior Leader
- Senior Finance Professional with experience of operating at a senior business level with expert modelling and analytical skills
- Hands-on and strategic, pro-active, solution focused and results driven
- Strong commercial acumen and thought process
- Recognised as strong communicator who can distil complex financial information into a clear and concise story
- Logical thinker who can move from big picture to detail orientation
- Can identify, review and develop plans for business opportunities
- Qualified Chartered Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with strong knowledge of UK GAPP and IFRS
- Accountable and assumes responsibility. Problem solver and ability to implement strategy
- Ability to handle multiple requests under tight deadline
- Can connect issues and identify opportunities across business strategy, plans, monthly reporting
- Knowledge of international finance systems and regulatory requirements
This is a very good time to join the business, the prospects are also excellent and there is a genuine opportunity to add value in an entrepreneurial environment.