Home » Non Executive Directors
- August 05, 2016
Headquartered in Edinburgh, Business Stream is the largest operator in the Scottish non-domestic market for water supply and waste water solutions. Following it’s recent acquisition of the non-domestic customer base of Southern Water, it is now the third largest company of its type in the UK.
It is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Scottish Water but operates with its own board, chaired by Lady Susan Rice, and management team. With the marketplace in England “opening up” in 2017, Business Stream has now strengthened the services it can provide to customers and the business is clearly on the brink of exciting opportunities.
Key responsibilities of the two new Non Executive Directors will include:
- To ensure that the statutory and governance duties of the organisation are discharged effectively; and that the interests of a wide range of stakeholders are properly considered.
- Contribute to the development of the organisation’s strategy.
- Provide constructive challenge to the policies, proposals and plans developed by the organisation.
- Scrutinise the performance of management in meeting agreed goals and objectives, and monitor the reporting of performance.
- Promote high standards of propriety and regulatory practice throughout the organisation.
- Provide independent feedback and comment to the Board, Chair and Chief Executive.
- Ensure that financial information is accurate and that financial and operational controls and systems of risk management are robust and defensible.
- Ensure that decisions made by the Board follow proper procedures and are supported by sufficient high quality information and are robust and defensible.
- Provide an independent/open-minded logical perspective to the organisation.
- Member/Chair of Audit Committee or Remuneration Committee.
- Act as an ambassador for the company.
- Promote the highest standards of professionalism and integrity in support of the organisation values.
Interested candidates will have operated at senior levels and will contribute to Business Stream’s strategy, providing informed opinion and ideas that stimulate fresh thinking. You should also bring a sharp mind, good judgement, excellent communication skills and be able to represent the organisation with stakeholders and customers. Key areas of skills, knowledge and experience will therefore include:
- Previous Board level experience in an organisation with a fast paced change and growth agenda.
- Previous experience of chairing a Board Committee would be desirable.
- The experience and expertise to manage the challenge of commercial risks, financial performance , transformational change and longer term strategic plans.
- Previous retail / customer service experience in a b2b environment would be helpful.
- Experience of the economic regulation of markets or having worked in a regulated industry environment would also be helpful.
For more information on this position or to express interest, please contact Willie Finlayson at email@example.com