Home » Operations Director
- May 15, 2018
Aurum Exploration Services is a privately-owned business providing contract geological services to the global mineral exploration industry. Services include the provision of geological contract teams to carry out target generation, field exploration on the ground, QA\QC and training, exploration management and due diligence reporting to help clients successfully and efficiently develop their mineral exploration portfolios.
The Operations Director will be a broad and varied leadership role, with a strong hand in virtually every aspect of a business. Primarily tasked with ensuring the business runs safely and efficiently – from sales forecasting, and setting financial budgets to commercial contracts, HR matters and all ‘head office’ type functions. The Operations Director will direct and coordinate the internal structure of an organisation based on company policies, goals, and objectives set by the Board and overseen by the Managing Director, to ensure a highly efficient working environment and successful business.
- Work with Executive Management Team in all strategic initiatives around growth
- Prepare budgets, schedules, and other organisational reports as needed
- Develop operational plans to increase efficiency and monitor overhead costs
- Improve existing systems and policies
- Work closely with accounts, IT and H&S units to promote efficient client contract fulfilment
- Executes plans designed to meet company goals by suggesting policy changes, training & coaching employees
- Manage all internal and external contract service suppliers to clients
- Oversee client contracts in conjunction with Project Managers
- Ensure client product expectations are met in a timely manner
- Oversee all daily activity of the teams
- Promote and enforce safety in the workplace
- HR support and development for employees and contract staff
- Provide advice and guidance to employees/stakeholders
- Resource planning and manage team workloads to meet goals and deadlines
Skills and Experience:
- Leadership role in consultancy business as Operations Director or Manager required
- Commitment to Health & Safety, product quality and budgetary objectives
- Degree in Operations Management or similar business field preferred
- Team focused with an ability to demonstrate exceptional organisation and planning skills
- Commitment to providing the highest level of support and service
- Driven, open-minded thinker focused on achieving strong financial results
- Strong organisation, problem-solving skills, decision making and prioritisation skills
- Outstanding communication skills – language skills (Spanish/French) an advantage
Aurum operate globally from two offices, one in Kells, near Dublin and the other in Toronto, Canada. The Operations Director will be based in Kells, therefore candidates should live within a commutable distance, or be willing to relocate for this role.
Interested candidates should send their CV, with full remuneration details, to Graham Burns of FWB Park Brown at email@example.com. For a confidential discussion, please call 0131 539 7087.
- Kells; Co. Meath; Republic of Ireland