Home » Operations Director
- October 07, 2019
Green Home Systems (GHS) is an energy efficiency company. Passionate about saving energy, GHS has a wide range of energy efficiency solutions to meet the specific needs of a variety of residential properties. GHS are PAS2030 accredited and authorised to work in national energy efficiency programmes such as ECO and HEEPs.
Established in 2014, the business is privately owned and has an extremely strong track record. Recent external investment, combined with the planned growth trajectory of the business and exciting trends in the market, have created the opportunity to appoint a new Operations Director.
The Operations Director will be a leadership role in the business, responsible for maximising efficiencies and driving operational excellence in line with overall strategy. This will involve end to end project management, ensuring best in class delivery of energy efficiency solutions to all customers and partners. The Operations Director will determine the accuracy and suitability of project brief, ensuring robust procurement processes, scheduling plan and installation procedures are in place to meet the demands of each project and the wider business. Working closely with the MD, other Directors and Investors to drive future growth, value creation and the positive performance of the business.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the MD in all operational decision making, future growth and strategic initiatives.
- Strong people management and oversight of the operational delivery teams including insulation and heating system installation, surveying, domestic energy advisory, technical monitoring, health & safety compliance, commercial fleet and project office administration.
- Management of all third-party subcontractors, suppliers and other external relationships.
- Accountability for the ownership and successful delivery for multiple projects across several sites.
- Recruitment, motivation and leadership of staff, participating strongly in training and development opportunities.
We are looking to appoint a technically excellent and highly credible Operations Director with strong people management skills and high levels of emotional intelligence. The successful candidate will be a problem solver, with great initiative, excellent communication, relationship building and stakeholder management skills. Strong IT skills and a good understanding of Quality Management Systems will be an advantage.
The Operations Director will ideally come from a Construction or Home Improvement background, with strong commercial acumen and a good understanding of sales and delivery into the Construction sector. This is an extremely compelling opportunity to play a key role in the growth of a very exciting, innovative and ambitious business, based in Scotland.
Interested candidates should send their CV, with full remuneration details, to Graham Burns of FWB Park Brown at email@example.com. For a confidential conversation, please call 07738 182813.