Home » Operations Director
- October 07, 2019
Established in 1969, Edwards Engineering is a leading project engineering business providing mechanical, electrical, structural engineering and design services to a range of customer sectors including Food & Drink, Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Defence and Agriculture. The business designs and delivers a wide range of comprehensive projects from Head Office and fabrication facilities in Perth, and expert onsite installation teams.
Based in Perth, and boasting a client base throughout the UK, the organisation is going through a period of growth and opportunity. With turnover more than doubling over the last three years, and a strong order book, the growth trajectory is expected to continue. This has created the opportunity to appoint a new Operations Director.
The Operations Director will be a leadership role within the business, enabling the transition of much of the key operational activities and accountability from the CEO to this newly created position.
Key responsibilities in the post will include (but not be limited to);
- Ensuring health, safety and quality processes and policies are adhered to and a safety first culture is championed
- Project delivery, managing capacity, maximising efficiencies and driving operational excellence in line with Edwards’ strategy
- Project lifecycle management, including procurement, fabrication, installation, and service delivery to all customers and partners
- Working collaboratively with the wider organisation across Sales and Business Development, Design and Estimating and the Support Functions
- The development of skills and technical capability, including the recruitment and development of modern apprentices, and ongoing training of all operational staff
Candidates are likely to have experience in a General Manager/Operations Director role or similar in a related project or process engineering environment. They should have experience of developing and driving operational improvement in a high-quality engineering organisation, and demonstrate an ability to understand, empathise, influence and collaborate at all levels internally and to create a culture of excellence across the business.
The successful candidate will be commercially minded, proactive and ambitious with the ability to take on projects and tasks in a dynamic environment.
It would be advantageous for candidates to possess:
- Degree qualified in an Engineering or Manufacturing discipline or qualified by experience, and potentially with Chartered Engineer status
- Relevant qualifications in Project Management tools and techniques
Clearly the Operations Director will be integral in implementing and driving growth strategy for Edwards Engineering and consequently this position offers an outstanding opportunity for the right person at a time of significant opportunity for the organisation.
To apply, please send your CV with current remuneration details to Jamie Brown at email@example.com or call him on 0131 539 7087 for further details on the role.