Home » Product Manager
- December 22, 2022
OneBanx is a Scottish tech start-up that is working to put fully staffed banking kiosks and smart ATMs into communities that high street banks have left. The fintech’s aim is to provide bank-agnostic in-branch services – such as cash withdrawals, payments services, and deposits, coupled with face-to-face support – for people and SMEs in communities where traditional brick and mortar branches have disappeared.
The problem that OneBanx was created to solve is real and growing. According to recent research conducted for OneBanx, 22.5 million customers say they want to continue using branches to access their bank, yet after bank branch numbers have fallen 70% over the last 30 years, and over 1500 communities have no bank branches. High street businesses continue to see customers wanting to still pay in cash, and a recent survey for the Financial Conduct Authority found that nearly four out of five SMEs expect to continue to accept cash payments for the next five years. Half of SMEs deposit cash at branches and will continue to need facilities to bank cash takings at the end of the day.
We are looking for someone who understands the market well. We would love you to be obsessed all things open banking, cash and payments. You will take ownership and help drive their product roadmap and be as passionate about vulnerable customers and customer experience as you are innovation and product.
What you’ll deliver:
- Defining and implementing a product vision – Armed with customer expectations, market understanding and sound competitor analysis, you will define the vision for our products and services
- Maximising market Opportunity – You will work to identify partnership opportunities and thoroughly understand the competitor landscape
- Industry Engagement – You thoroughly understand the competitor landscape and be able to support with industry engagement and the articulation of the product
- Owning the product backlog – You will own the product backlog & work closely with technology and operations to agree roll outs, understanding and working through business requirements & limitations
- Business Planning – You will create high level business plans and support with the execution of the new solutions by ensuring all resources are in place and working together and monitoring progress against plans.
What you are responsible for:
- Customer Experience – Your obsession for customer experience is driven right across OneBanx. You help everybody to think about the customer experience in everything they do.
- Create ‘OneTeam’ across our business – You will work to ensure that all stakeholders are aligned behind one product vision and create a ‘shared brain’ across our business. You will facilitate the conversations and groups to make that happen.
- Own product backlog – You will own the product backlog & work closely with technology and operations to agree roll outs, understanding and working through business requirements & limitations
- Business planning – You will create high level business plans and support with the execution of the new solutions by ensuring all resources are in place and working together and monitoring progress against plans.
We are therefore looking for someone who is customer obsessed and will ensure that the customer is at the heart of everything OneBanx does. You are passionate about inclusion and the understanding of individuals needs which will help drive your solutions.
You will have a passion for the product and solution to ensure you deliver the best outcomes to communities across the country. Also, having experience in financial services and fintech will be required along with being a strong influencer and results orientated individual.
Ideally you are based in Scotland however the role will be initially remote.
OneBanx is proud to be an inclusive employer. They recognise and celebrate the benefits that a diverse and inclusive workforce bring to their business, staff and customers. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender, race or nationality, religion, or belief.
To view the candidate brochure, please click here.
Should you require more information before applying, please get in touch with Lindsay Cramond at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact her on 0131 539 7087 for a confidential discussion.