Home » Production Manager
- August 23, 2022
The Wilkie Group is a global technical textile manufacturer, with manufacturing facilities in the UK and China and sales operations across Asia, the UK and Europe and North America. The Group is currently going through a period of transformative change with several recently completed strategic acquisitions in the implementation phase, along with a number of organic growth opportunities in the pipeline. These are expected to double the size of the UK business and move the global group to a £50m turnover in the next 3 years.
Trusted by worldwide industry leaders to deliver extraordinary quality, care and attention to detail, Wilkie solves challenges with an uncompromising commitment to their operating mindset of Advanced Textile Technology.
Customers know that Wilkie will meet their demands for breakthrough thinking, precise execution and the highest quality manufacturing. The Wilkie reputation results from a culture that thrives on a rich heritage of problem solving and deep respect for every piece of work at hand.
J&D Wilkie are now seeking to appoint a high performing, ambitious and technically excellent Production Manager to lead and further develop all manufacturing operations and processes across both the Kirriemuir and Forfar sites. The successful candidate is expected to play a leading role both within the team and its current operations and with peer group to continuously improve site-wide business and operational processes.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing and maintaining a detailed understanding of customer order requirements and key business decision drivers for all manufacturing operations.
- Developing operational capability to satisfy future business requirements – including specification and planning of new production processes and equipment.
- Effective production planning, control and real-time monitoring processes to ensure that customer requirements and cost commitments are achieved.
- Manage the interface between operations and the relevant CRI team and technical team to ensure that new product introductions, product changes and technical trials are well planned and executed.
- Set and uphold the highest levels of operating and personal standards, driving an ethos of professionalism, quality and discipline throughout weaving operations.
- Effective communication of goals, objectives and strategies, contributing strongly to key decisions of the Senior Leadership Team across all aspects of the business.
- Develop staff capability to meet the current and future needs of the business.
You will be a highly driven and ambitious individual looking to add value at every stage. You will have a strong desire to continuously improve the organisation and operational performance through the use of structured methodologies such as LEAN, Six Sigma and 5S. With excellent attention to detail and outstanding organisational skills, you must be able to both express ideas and listen to others.
We are very open on sector background and welcome applications from a wide range of manufacturing and production backgrounds. We are particularly interested in learning from other sectors and further adopting the most modern manufacturing processes and techniques into Wilkie operations.
Interested candidates should send their CV, with full remuneration details, to Graham Burns at email@example.com. For a confidential conversation, please call 07738 182813.