Home » Purchasing Manager
- March 28, 2023
Mowi ASA is one of the largest seafood companies in the world, and the world’s largest producer of Atlantic salmon with 11,500 employees, operating in 26 countries and a Group turnover of €4.9 billion. Since the Mowi adventure started in 1964 the company has grown and changed in many ways. From its humble beginnings, when a few pioneers started farming fish in their back yards, through to the present day, Mowi has become a global leader in its field. As the company has grown, both organically and as a result of mergers and acquisitions, Mowi has maintained its leading position at the forefront of the aquaculture industry.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a truly global business and play a key role in the development and improvement of one of its critical business units within Scotland.
The Purchasing Manager for Mowi Consumer Products will create, implement and maintain a procurement strategy that will support both site and divisional objectives, as well as drive value across the organisation and positively affect the bottom line.
Reporting to the Supply Chain & Logistics Manager they will be responsible for developing a category management structure fit for purpose to ensure that Mowi Consumer Products has a consistently reliable supply chain that allows them to be agile and responsive to an ever-evolving landscape.
The complexity of the production operation will require the Purchasing Manager to establish a Supply Chain model that will ensure;
- An effective direct material supplier base is in place covering raw materials and ingredients, packaging and consumables for the site
- Effective and financially prudent procurement of capital equipment for the site in order to meet production demands
- There is an appropriate purchasing governance and control system in place which the site adheres to
- The business manages all key suppliers on an ongoing basis to drive quality improvement and cost reduction where economies of scale exist
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
We are looking for an experienced procurement professional who can bring a positive and proactive approach to the business, influencing and challenging those around them as they drive value across the Scottish Consumer Products / Manufacturing division.
The successful candidate will bring a strong commercial mindset with the ability to spot opportunity for improvement and critically, the ability to influence and deliver.
The Purchasing Manager will possess most of the following;
- Significant experience within a strategic procurement position where you have created, implemented and driven a procurement strategy and process review
- The gravitas and presence to influence stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
- Evidence of managing and influencing ‘soft issues’ (values, beliefs, attitudes) in a multi-site environment
- Degree level education and CIPS qualified or working towards
- Experience of operating in a relevant manufacturing business with a preference for FMCG production, with comparable complexity and variety to the MOWI Consumer Products operation in Scotland
- Experience of implementing contract tender processes
- Demonstrable experience of driving significant cost savings and improvements in supplier quality
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills with an ability to facilitate and coach
- Data analysis skills and the ability to produce detailed reports, along with strong practical presentation and communication capability
- Ability to challenge the views of others in a constructive and convincing manner where it is required to bring about positive change
- Strong project management skills gained in a dynamic business
- A record of multi-tasking, identifying priorities and ‘trouble shooting’ as required
- An understanding of large organisations and how to ensure effective policy implementation
To find out more about the organisation, role and requirements, please click here to download the candidate brochure.
For more information and to apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Jamie Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org. For an initial confidential discussion, please contact our Edinburgh office on 0131 539 7087.