Home » Regional Sales Director (North)
- December 19, 2022
GAP Hire Solutions is the UK’s leading independent equipment hire company, with 11 divisions operating from an extensive network of depots across the UK. Founded in 1969 by Gordon Anderson, GAP remains a family business with strong family values. It is owned and managed by the second generation of the Anderson family and now has four members of the third generation working in the Group.
GAP’s vision is to be the most innovative hire solutions provider, to lead the industry and have a real impact on key decisions that influence the hire sector. Significant potential for growth has created the opportunity for an outstanding Regional Sales Director to join the Group and be based in the North-West of England, reporting to the Managing Director for the North, Mark Anderson. The Regional Sales Director will provide leadership and development to Regional Sales Managers and Area Sales Representatives across the Northern Region, delivering profitable sales growth for all GAP divisions.
- Lead, inspire and motivate the team of Regional Sales Managers and Area Sales Representatives
- Work closely with a variety of stakeholders in the wider region and across the Group, as a key member of the Senior Management Team
- Ensure management information is reviewed and analysed appropriately, presenting monthly objectives to improve profitability and ensure that revenue targets are exceeded
- Optimise daily communication with team, providing effective coaching and feedback on selling behaviours, successes, required improvements and future objectives
- Develop and monitor sales systems and procedures, making recommendations for continuous improvement
- Develop and drive a culture of excellence within the team, with particular focus on being highly visible both within the business and externally to customers
- Lead by example and manage and develop your own portfolio of approx. 10 key accounts
We are looking to appoint an extremely commercial and highly credible leader/people manager into this role. We are flexible on background but some understanding of/exposure to the asset rental, construction and civil engineering sectors will be of interest.
Candidates need not necessarily be operating at Director level right now but should come with a successful track record in Sales, Account Management and Relationship Management themselves and also in leading teams which have achieved great things.
GAP Group is very much a family business and the preferred candidate will be able to display inherent values and behaviours consistent with this environment.
You can download the full candidate brochure here.
Interested candidates should send their CV, with full remuneration details, to Graham Burns of FWB Park Brown at email@example.com. For a confidential conversation, please call 07738 182813.
- North-West England