Home » Resourcing Manager
- February 09, 2023
Forth Ports was established in 1967 as a Port Authority and through continued investment and acquisitions we have grown to be the 3rd largest port operator group in the UK. After more than four decades of operation, in 2011, Forth Ports was acquired by Arcus Infrastructure Partners and later, in 2011, PSP Investments took a financial stake in Forth Ports Limited. In October 2018, PSP bought all Arcus shareholdings in Forth Ports to become the primary shareholder ahead of bringing in a number of co-investors. Investment has always been and remains a core strategy for Forth Ports. Our continuous commitment to investing for the future has positioned Forth Ports as a market leader in supporting major and specialist projects for customers across a vast array of industries, adding real value in the process. Now with over 1,200 employees, Forth Ports Group has grown to be a major UK employer, key contributor to the national economy, and trusted partner to an ever-increasing number of industry leading customers. Our ports assist in developing logistics flows across the UK and support many key industries.
As the Resourcing Manager, you will lead and manage the attraction and retention of all staff across Forth Ports locations; Tilbury, Leith, Grangemouth, Dundee, Rosyth & Fife. Working as part of the Group HR function and reporting to the Group HR Manager you will drive and execute a robust Resourcing plan.
This is a great opportunity to set up processes and achieve improvements in the existing ways of working, this role would suit someone with the ability to work in a both strategic and tactical manner. You will build the employer brand utilising a variety of means and be versed in attraction tools such as LinkedIn Recruiter.
You will identify and implement process improvements that will allow us to improve efficiency, stakeholder satisfaction and contribute to the wider leadership port strategy. You will use data insights and critical thinking to inform your own decision making to support the wider port strategy.
The successful candidate
To be considered for this position you will possess:
- Significant experience working in a resourcing/talent acquisition role with experience influencing and collaborating with multiple senior stakeholders.
- Able to work and excel at pace, resolving conflicting priorities whilst managing the expectations of hiring managers, candidates and colleagues.
- Experience of Direct Sourcing, Headhunting, Market Mapping, Advertising, Networking, Digital Channels, and tools.
- Experience developing content for digital channels and social media – presenting messages consistent with brand values and employee value proposition to build potential candidate awareness.
- Previous experience enabling Inclusion & Diversity strategies and aims via recruitment/talent acquisition.
- Experience and knowledge of recruitment best practice, process, policy, and awareness of appropriate legislation.
- Significant knowledge of interview and assessment best practice and tools. Psychometric testing qualification desirable.
- Experience recruiting operational staff, management and leadership roles
- Experience managing relationships with recruitment agencies and other 3rd parties.
- Experience with set up/management of an applicant tracking system preferable.
This role can be based in Grangemouth, Leith or Tilbury. Limited travel will be part of the role to support across the Group.
To apply, please send your CV to Jaclyn Needham, Director at FWB Park Brown at email@example.com. For an initial confidential conversation please contact 0131 539 7087.
- Edinburgh / Grangemouth / Tilbury