Home » Response Operations Leader
- March 30, 2018
Crisis and Emergency Management / Disaster Recovery
Our client is a global leader in crisis and emergency management with unrivalled experience and knowledge of public safety, disaster mitigation, continuity of operations, and emergency management issues. They offer a full range of services to better prepare organizations before disaster strikes and also to support them to recover more quickly. They have the capabilities to tackle any assignment, from food supply security to infrastructure protection and back up to natural disaster response. With world-class subject matter experts, they are also uniquely adept at building necessary coalitions that link government agencies, first responders, and business communities. They help their clients to Prepare, Respond, Communicate, Recover and to control the outcome.
The Response Operations Leader will be based in Houston, Texas, and will lead response operations across the US and in select international markets. This individual will manage a staff of highly qualified responders and develop the team further to exceed the most demanding market expectations. This position will include leading efforts to develop new response clients and maintain relationships with existing customers, regulators and other stakeholders.
Reporting to the COO, the Response Operations Leader will be a key member of the management team and a partner in the continued expansion of the portfolio and client base. This role will oversee the management outputs of Emergency Response Coordinators, Watch Standers and if deployed Debris Coordinators across a wide geography likely to include the South United States and the Caribbean.
The expected candidate profile is:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 10 years’ professional experience in crisis and emergency management
- All-hazards response leadership (ideally including complex emergencies such as natural disasters, terrorism, oil spills, shipping incidents, disease outbreaks, fires, civil disturbance and HAZMAT responses)
- Management of government and industrial response teams at the company, local, state and federal levels
- Management and development of client relationships
- Expert knowledge of National Incident Management System (NIMS) and Incident Command System (ICS)
- Team development (including talent assessment, role definition, staff development and team building to achieve common goals)
- Re-engineering of key processes and systems in support of the organization’s mission and objectives
- Successful financial management of response team
To apply or for further information please contact Mary McIntyre in our Houston office +1 713 997 9847 or email@example.com
- Houston; Texas