Home » Sales and Marketing Director
- November 03, 2023
Collinson Ceramics is the largest independent importer of ceramic and porcelain tiles in Scotland. With significant advancements in digital printing, technology and manufacturing equipment, tiles have overtaken natural and precious stones as the product of choice for feature walls, floors, bar fronts and many other applications in high-end commercial and residential markets.
A family business, founded in Edinburgh in 1988, Collinson Ceramics remains entirely family owned and run today. The head office and showroom is in Murrayfield, with a distribution centre in Dalmeny and branches in Dundee and Inverness.
The business is unique in its sector. Competitors tend to be multi-national or international businesses who, to varying degrees, are far more concentrated on one area of the market such as architectural specifications, trade or retail. Collinson supply to all of these sectors, enabling the business to operate at a breadth that provides a competitive advantage. Collinson are also part of the ABCD buying group, along with seven fellow distributors throughout the UK, thereby creating significant buying power.
With exciting new developments on the horizon and significant potential for growth, the opportunity has arisen for an outstanding Sales & Marketing Director to support the Managing Director and Operations Director in leading the business from its UK headquarters in Edinburgh. The Sales & Marketing Director will be responsible for all sales, business development and marketing activity for Collinson and instrumental in driving the continued growth of the business.
- Lead the development and execution of the strategic sales targets and marketing plan for the business
- Provide sales planning for the business, including detailed market and competitor analysis.
- Develop the company CRM system and adopt a more analytical and data led approach to sales and marketing activity.
- Shape investment in technology and digital platforms in order to grow the online and geographic footprint of the business.
- Drive continuous improvement in sales performance and customer experience.
- Optimise daily communication across related areas of the business, providing effective coaching, feedback and building a high performing team.
- Design key performance indicators and drive consistent performance measurement across all four sites.
- Build strong relationships with all stakeholders, working collaboratively to ensure strategy and sales performance are aligned with business growth plans.
- Develop and drive a culture of excellence within the team, with particular focus on being highly visible both within the business and externally to customers and suppliers.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and credible sales/marketing leader into this role. We are very open on background but some exposure to the construction industry, building materials and products will be of interest. Candidates need not necessarily be operating at Director level right now but should come with a successful track record of significant sales growth in design led/aesthetic products and in building and leading teams that have achieved great things.
Collinson is very much a family business and the preferred candidate will be able to display inherent values and behaviours consistent with this environment.
Interested candidates should send their CV, with full remuneration details, to Graham Burns of FWB Park Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org. For a confidential conversation, please call 0131 539 7087.