Home » Sales Director
- October 16, 2020
Cooper Software – At A Glance:
- Founded in 2005 by Frank and Susan Cooper, building on Frank’s domain expertise in the IFS marketplace, and spotting a gap in the market to support more customers, Cooper Software is now a fast growing ERP specialist with clients across the UK.
- The company has since grown to cover all aspects of an ERP implementation and works across 2 ERP platforms: IFS and NetSuite.
- The company is viewed in 3 pillars, supported by a foundation of a PMO controlling team which allow us to sell the ERP, implement it, extend it and ultimately support it through BAU operations:
- Products: to extend the platform to cover industry specific requirements or regulatory requirements.
- Consulting: both functional and technical consulting to allow the ERP system to work harder for the customer.
- Support: to continue assisting the customer from go-live to fine-tune the system.
- The company has always been trusted by large customers such as Babcock, BAE Systems, Sky, Bristow Helicopters, Farrow & Ball, DeepOcean but has experience and references from working with clients of all sizes and industries across the UK.
Purpose of Role
The Sales Director is responsible for the company’s Sales and Marketing activities and leading and managing the Sales & Marketing teams. The overall purpose of the role is delivery of revenue growth and gross margin profitability in line with the company’s business plan.
Reporting to the Managing Director and part of the Executive Leadership Team, the Sales Director will be responsible for origination of new sales activity, maintaining and developing key accounts, development of the sales and marketing strategies, new product and service line innovation and all supporting financial, commercial and legal responsibilities associated with the management of a best in class commercial function.
As the Board Director responsible for the Sales and Marketing teams, the following duties and responsibilities are attributable to the post, in line with internal processes and procedures:
- Sales Generation, Revenue Planning & Management
- Sales Reporting of the sales function as a whole and to the board
- Managing the sales pipeline
- Client Relationship and Account Management
- Contract negotiation and management
- Liaising with delivery team for on-going projects
- Lead generation, prospecting new customers and delivering successful sales campaigns
- ERP Platform Partner relations (IFS and NetSuite, adding new partnerships)
- PR and Company Communications
- Proposition Management
- Website and Lead Generation
- Pricing, Proposals and Supporting Collateral
- Can demonstrate Sales pedigree of successful sales in the ERP sector.
- A track record of successfully selling complex software systems (license and consultancy) up to £1M.
- A track record of being responsible for a company or channel sales target of approximately £5M and growing a sales territory considerably.
- Successfully establishing new sales channels within an organisation and working with channel partners to do this.
- Experience of the product management process.
- Experience of bid management and commercial systems.
- Strong financial and strategic skills with experience of running own P&L and contributing at broader SMT/Board meetings.
For more information, to receive the detailed candidate brochure or for a confidential discussion please contact Michael Dickson or David Flanagan on: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Or alternatively, you can contact our Edinburgh office by phone on +44 131 539 7087
- Scotland / Flexible