Home » Head of Commercial
- October 15, 2014
Scottish Water is one of Scotland’s largest businesses and one of the UK’s largest water companies. With a turnover of £1.2bn and a capital investment programme of £500m per annum, it delivers the investment and management expertise vital to transforming Scotland’s water infrastructure; improving water quality, the environment and customer service. It is a publicly owned corporation with top quartile employee engagement.
- The Head of Commercial reports directly to the Group Finance Director.
- The role will lead the quantity surveying function (a team of >80) for the whole business, implementing people and strategic leadership for a major infrastructure organisation, enhancing the commercial structure and capability and improving risk management and cost efficiency.
- The stated strategy is to promote Scottish Water to be the preferred organisation in Scotland for Quantity Surveyors to work for as well as the preferred client organisation for contractors to partner with through a balance of commercial savvy, a more consistent experience and offering a clear, open and fair partnership and with an opportunity to make good profit.
- The ideal candidate is likely to have a QS background and may be coming directly from a major construction business (from a commercial or project leadership role) or perhaps who has already made the transition to client side and is currently working within a major infrastructure investor such as another utility etc.
- This key appointment has the support of the senior leadership team and there is a significant long term career opportunity within the organisation. Given the scale of the capital investment programme this is one of, if not the largest scale opportunity of this type within Scotland.