Home » Senior Bids Manager
- August 03, 2022
Brodies LLP is a UK law firm headquartered in Scotland. It is the largest in its jurisdiction measured by income, directory rankings, and lawyer numbers. In the last three years, the firm’s revenue has grown by 20%, and they have added nearly 100 new colleagues. Today, they have close to 800 people working from their bases in Aberdeen, Inverness, Edinburgh and Glasgow. Brodies combine colleagues’ expertise in all business areas, to deliver Enlightened Thinking – new knowledge and new legal possibilities – uniquely suited to their Scottish, UK and international clients.
The Senior Bids Manager will lead the growing Bids and Tenders team I helping the firm win new profitable and strategically valuable business by preparing and managing responses to a range of tender opportunities across the public, private and third sectors.
In this role you will:
You will be responsible for working together with the relevant Lead Partner in preparing and project managing certain bids, managing the workload of the team and leading the review of our internal bid preparation process and introducing improvements as appropriate. This role will involve working collaboratively across all of our practice groups, sectors and offices.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a dedicated proposal/bids role with the legal sector or a lawyer with 5 years PQE
- Experience in managing a team effectively
- Previous experience in a professional services environment is desirable
- Degree level educated
- Communicate and influence at a senior level
- Ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines
- Experience in leading, guiding and motivating a team
- Effective time and project management skills
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral
- Excellent attention to detail
- Is able to negotiate and influence with ease
- Commercial awareness and acumen
- An ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information discretely
- Experience in dealing with a demanding workload and conflicting priorities
- A collaborative working style, able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Jaclyn Needham, Director at FWB Park Brown at email@example.com. For an initial confidential conversation please contact 0131 539 7087.
- Agile working pattern with 3 days in your local office which can be either Edinburgh / Glasgow / Aberdeen / Inverness
- Edinburgh / Glasgow / Aberdeen / Inverness