Home » Senior Construction Manager
- May 11, 2021
The Stewart Milne Group provides innovative solutions for residential developments through our Homes, and Timber Systems across the UK, employing c1000 people. It has a strong reputation for high quality and innovation with a market leading position based on expertise, quality and commitment to providing the best service to its customers.
Headquartered in Westhill, Aberdeen the Group is one of the UK’s largest independent house builders and the UK’s leading provider of innovative timber systems. The business was originally established in 1975 and still strives to develop and improve upon the values that has set them apart for 40 years.
Due to continued growth, Homes Scotland are looking for a Senior Construction Manager to join the busy Central Scotland Construction Team.
Reporting to the Deputy Managing Director, you will be a key member of the operational leadership team for Central Scotland, with responsibility for ensuring the effective delivery of “best in class” product to meet demand. With ambition to re-establish the business as a 5-star housebuilder the individual will drive operational improvement through innovative modern methods of construction, influencing an optimal product design, to accelerate, intensely monitored accelerated build programmes.
You will provide direction to ensure effective management of development sites within your remit. You will demonstrate a proactive attitude to change by drawing on your experience in directing your team to challenge employee/sub-contractor relationships and process to continuously improve how we deliver our business.
- Assist the Deputy Managing Director develop the Department strategy which will deliver the required growth and profitability set out in the Divisional Business Plan.
- Provide Direction and manage your operational team to ensure effective delivery of business plan target for undernoted:
- Quality and Health & Safety
- People management & development
- Financial & operational performance
- Customer satisfaction
- Provide direction and manage your operational team to ensure effective and efficient resource management:
- Infrastructure works
- Manage, analyse and interpret operational team reports for (2&3) above and report any variance to plan to the Construction Director.
- Recruit, motivate and continuously develop required skills within your team to ensure delivery of (2&3) above.
- Maximise the benefits of and deliver continuous improvement to current business process
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external project teams to maximise success of projects within your area of responsibility and positively impact on customer satisfaction.
Essential Technical Expertise
- Evidence of ability to effectively direct your team (including sub-contractors) to ensure delivery of £1m to £40m timber frame housing developments.
- Fully conversant with all aspects of operational and contractual procedures.
- Microsoft Office Skills, particularly Microsoft Excel
Desirable Technical Expertise
- Degree in Construction management or related discipline
To download the full candidate brochure please click here.
To arrange a confidential discussion around the position please contact Jamie Brown at FWB Park Brown by emailing email@example.com
- Central Belt