Home » Senior Engineering Manager
- July 10, 2023
Mowi ASA is one of the largest seafood companies in the world, and the world’s largest producer of Atlantic salmon with 11,500 employees, operating in 26 countries and a Group turnover of €4.9 billion. Since the Mowi adventure started in 1964 the company has grown and changed in many ways. From its humble beginnings, when a few pioneers started farming fish in their back yards, through to the present day, Mowi has become a global leader in its field. As the company has grown, both organically and as a result of mergers and acquisitions, Mowi has maintained its leading position at the forefront of the aquaculture industry.
In Scotland, Mowi operates one of its global farming business units, which comprises around 60 sea and fresh water fish farms, 2 recirculation hatcheries and 2 processing facilities across the West and North of Scotland.
This role will initially focus specifically on driving engineering performance on the businesses 2 processing sites (Fort William, Mallaig) and 2 recirculation hatchery sites (Lochailort and Invermoriston). In addition to this the role will have responsibility for the wider farming operations which operates across a wide ranges of sites.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Engineering leader to join and lead a multi-disciplinary team delivering engineering services to these sites. Leading from the front, and utilising your influencing skills, you will create a sustainable and proactive Engineering vision and blueprint, working with stakeholders at all levels to implement and monitor this over the medium to long term, whilst adhering to the Environmental and Social requirements that come with operating in a ‘license to operate’ sector.
Responsibilities will include;
- Development and execution of the overall engineering strategy, aligned to business objectives, including the development of long-term plans for infrastructure, equipment and facility upgrades
- Overall leadership of a team (20-30) of engineers, fostering a proactive, positive and collaborative culture, and the ongoing development of skills
- The development of a process optimisation and improvement strategy for all sites
- The management of a proactive maintenance strategy and asset development
- Regulatory compliance and safety adherence in line with Mowi policy and external regulations
- Performance reporting using data and insights to communicate effectively with the senior leadership team and inform decision making
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
We are looking for a technically capable, inspiring and people-oriented engineering leader with a strong desire to create and maintain effective working environments, placing their team members at the centre of the operation.
The successful candidate will possess first class technical engineering capability and have the ability to influence key stakeholders and team members across all levels of the business.
Specifically they will possess the following:
- Education: Ideally educated to degree level in a technical/engineering or related subject, with the potential to attain further qualifications.
- Chartered Engineer status would be highly preferential.
- An appropriate number of years of experience in a Senior Engineering leadership role within a production/processing environment
- Experience of Capital Project Engineering, Operational Engineering, Compliance and Safety with increasing responsibility, multisite experience and preferably within a technology-led production environment.
- Multi-site Engineering Management leading multidisciplinary teams is essential.
- Inclusive and collaborative style – able to multi-task, connecting people and adopting best-practices.
- Tough on standards, drives a high level of discipline and exceptional collaboration and influencing skills.
- Experience of contractor management; relationship forming, managing performance, capital asset purchase negotiations.
- Extensive Planning experience involving complex processes/elements related to new technology adoption.
Travel Requirements: Primarily across the west and north of Scotland with a high degree of time spent on processing sites and in head office (Fort William).
For further information or a confidential discussion, please contact Jamie Brown on:
Or alternatively, you can contact our Edinburgh office by phone on +44 131 539 7087.
- Fort William (with travel)