Home » Senior Finance Manager
- October 07, 2019
Horizon Cremation is passionate about building and operating a new generation of community crematoria. The Founders, driven by personal experience, are committed to providing a much better alternative to that which is currently on offer.
The positive experience Horizon creates comes through the buildings, architecture, landscaping, space and people. Creating a lighter and warmer environment than existing facilities, Horizon apply emotional intelligence, time and sensitivity to the occasion. The venues, designed and built on greenfield sites, will be carbon neutral and attention to detail and personal touches are at the forefront of the service differentiation.
The first and award winning facility located in North Ayrshire, opened in 2018, with two further facilities under construction and two venues the subject of planning applications. The business is therefore a property and an operating business, with the aim of building a portfolio of at least five crematoria over the coming years. Backed by Maven Capital, the business now wishes to appoint a Senior Finance Manager to support the business and enable future growth.
The Senior Finance Manager will be required to lead and develop the finance strategy in alignment with the overall strategy of the business. This will involve designing the finance function inhouse to deliver best in class service to all internal and external customers and partners, ensuring robust financial systems, processes, procedures and operational finance support are in place to meet the needs of the business. Working closely with the Joint MDs, other Directors and Investors to drive future growth, value creation and the positive performance of the business.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the Joint MDs in all commercial decision making, future growth and strategic initiatives
- Leading the design and provision of relevant and insightful financial and management information and analysis to the Board in a timely manner (including monthly P&L, Cashflow and Balance Sheet)
- Responsible for getting the numbers right, leading cash and working capital management to ensure accuracy and timeliness
- Maintain and produce accurate budgeting and cashflow forecasting models, plus commentary, to be presented regularly to the Board
- Liaison and negotiation with Banks and other lenders, raising finance and exercising financial control over covenants
We are looking to appoint a technically excellent and highly credible Finance Manager with strong commercial acumen and high levels of emotional intelligence. Some Corporate Finance experience and prior exposure to Private Equity investment, with excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, will also be valuable. The Senior Finance Manager will be a qualified accountant (approx. 3-6 years PQE) with a strong commercial background ideally spent in the Property or Service sectors.
This is an extremely compelling opportunity to play a key role in the growth of a very exciting, innovative and ambitious business, based in Scotland.
Interested candidates should send their CV, with full remuneration details, to Graham Burns of FWB Park Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org. For a confidential conversation, please call 07738 182813.