Home » Senior Finance Manager
- February 13, 2019
Rugby Union is an integral part of Scotland’s heritage, and indeed the heritage around the UK and Ireland, parts of Europe and on a wider global platform. Scottish Rugby is the governing body for rugby union in Scotland and was founded in 1873. The principal activity of Scottish Rugby is to promote the game of rugby throughout Scotland, using its wholly owned subsidiary Scottish Rugby Union Limited for all trading activities.
BT Murrayfield recently hosted its thirteenth consecutive sell-out for a Scotland match, and off the field turnover is at record levels having grown by 63% since 2011. 2017/2018 turnover of £57.2m marked an increase of £5.8m on the previous year and was more than double the figure of 2007/08. Scottish Rugby is continuing to look at ways in which to increase and diversify its revenue streams, both locally and internationally, to support further financial stability and to ensure continuing investment in the game, at all levels.
It is this growing commercial and investment position, together with the associated financial planning and analysis required, combined with a realignment of the finance team, that has driven the need to create this senior role, reporting directly to the Finance Director.
This is a varied commercial and reporting role, managing a team of three qualified accountants, tasked with leading the ‘Business Support’ element of the Finance Team.
This team will be responsible for delivering commercial business support, crucial management and statutory reporting, financial projects, and taxation compliance, proactively supporting the implementation and delivery of financial processes across the organisation.
This role is commercially focused and in addition to the fundamental reporting requirements will lead in a variety of aspects of financial planning and analysis: including monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts, management accounts and budget reviews across a variety of business lines and P&Ls. You will provide the business with performance analysis, be involved in board pack preparation as well as ad hoc analysis and preparation of presentations for the Board and relevant external stakeholders.
There will be an involvement in a range of commercial and financial analysis projects, including developing and improving the modelling approach to various cost and revenue areas to improve forecasting accuracy as the business grows, creating and adapting dedicated models to accurately project key variables into the future.
In addition to the commercial and financial analysis requirements of this role, you will be a senior member of the finance team with responsibilities and involvement in the annual budget, year end and audit processes and will have ownership of the monthly management accounts submissions. The successful candidate will therefore be attracted to a role with a broad remit within a close-knit and focused commercial finance team.
- Manage the month end management accounting reporting process
- Manage the year end statutory accounting process and close
- Manage the annual budget process
- Manage organisational treasury requirements
- Regular forecasting of future financial performance
- Review of financial procedures, identifying and implementing improvements
- Ensure financial compliance with all reporting requirements and timelines
- Ensure compliance with all organisational tax matters
- Lead the team of Finance Business Support professionals, providing support and advice across the organisation
- Liaison with key financial external contacts, including auditors and bank
- Preparation of reports for Finance Director and the senior leadership team
- Proactive participation in financial projects, and technical input into wider organisational matters and projects
- Utilise technology, where possible and realistic, to drive more efficient ways of working
- Ad hoc financial tasks
To download the full candidate brochure please click here.
For further information or a confidential conversation please contact:
Michael Dickson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you can contact us by phone on 0131 539 7087
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com