Home » HR Business Partner
- October 27, 2020
Twig Education creates incredible, inclusive Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) learning experiences full of aha! moments that students remember forever. We couldn’t do this without creative and passionate people who challenge and inspire each other.
That’s where you come in! Working for Twig means getting the chance to use your talents to the fullest, doing work that makes the world a better place in an environment where your contributions get noticed.
Twig launched in 2011. Our resources, created in collaboration with Imperial College London and Stanford University, are now used by millions of teachers and students in over 60 countries and with over 20 different languages. This success didn’t happen by accident. We hire talented individuals, give them the chance to shine, and recognise the impact they make on Twig and on the lives of students across the globe. We’re here to change the world of STEM education. Want to join us?
This is a senior HR role which offers high visibility and influence as well as first-hand experience of developing a new HR function to support the company’s business growth and the wellbeing of its people. Reporting directly to the Director of HR you will lead on the implementation of operational elements of the newly developed HR strategy by actively engaging with stakeholders to ensure progress. This will include streamlining all processes and systems and developing an HR service level agreement. This means you will be working with business leaders and colleagues to build solutions which secure high performance and engagement. You will lead on projects and support complex employee relations cases.
In order to be successful in the role, you must have considerable experience in senior roles which include HR, Reward, Equalities and L&D. At the same time, you will be happy to roll up your sleeves and work as part of a team and carry out tasks and duties necessary to implement the strategy and support the business. It will also mean coaching and supporting colleagues in the new processes/systems once implemented. You will be able to display empathy and resilience. You will also be able to develop and maintain positive working relationships based on trust and respect while challenging constructively.
- Develop and manage a workforce planning process and reports to support talent management strategy to ensure Twig has the capability and capacity to meet current and future business requirements.
- Lead on building a resourcing strategy which is cost effective and provides resilience
- Develop and maintain a learning and development framework
- Develop and maintain a line management development framework
- Review and maintain the reward and benefits system
- Develop and maintain a diversity and inclusion strategy
- Develop and maintain a performance review process
- Lead on streamlining and improving HR processes to ensure they are conducive to high performance and engagement
- Provide advice and support in complex employee relations cases
- Support and coach line managers to effectively manage their teams using HR policies, processes and systems
- Independently manage and prioritise a diverse workload
- Frequently work on own initiative and use judgment
Skills and Experience
- A professional HR qualification
- CIPD membership or equivalent substantial HR experience
- Demonstrable significant experience in HR, Reward, Equality and L&D at a senior level
- Strong understanding of UK employment legislation and its impact on employers
- Ability to apply practical solutions which are legally compliant
- Ability to facilitate difficult conversations and manage conflict resolution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent influencing skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills to ensure successful management of multiple projects and processes
- Well developed skills to analyse, diagnose, research and build solutions
- Ability to develop positive working relationships in a context of constructive challenge
- Empathy, emotional intelligence and resilience
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to work on own initiative and use judgment frequently
- Proven record of working in an environment where observing confidentiality is key
- High level of integrity
- Innovation and creativity
What’s in it for you?
Your job will offer diversity and fulfilment as well as professional and personal development. Twig has an open, fair, relaxed and flexible culture where hard work is recognised and rewarded. Benefits of working at Twig include:
- Salaries are competitive
- Flexible working arrangements
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Health Shield cashback plan
- Generous holiday allowance including birthday off
- Office in an attractive location
- Being part of a lively, fun team
It is expected that the post holder will be based in the Glasgow office for a minimum of three days per week. Homeworking will be allowed for the remaining two days with the postholder being responsible for ensuring they have a suitable working space which supports high performance.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Twig is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Think you might fit this role?
To submit your CV and a covering letter or to find out more please contact Jaclyn Needham at FWB Park Brown on: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0131 539 7087.