Home » Site Engineering Manager
- May 09, 2022
The North British Distillery is one of Scotland’s oldest and largest Scotch grain whisky producers. We manufacture and sell grain spirit – the base for blended whisky – and its by-products. Significant quantities of North British grain whisky are included in many well-known blended brands. The production of grain spirit also creates valuable by-products which are sold on to other sectors.
We are looking to appoint a visionary Site Engineering Manager to drive Engineering Excellence across the site, maximising the availability and reliability of all assets. You will lead and develop a high performing engineering team, bringing new ideas and energy.
We are looking for candidates to have the following attributes:
- Chartered Engineer status with several years of senior engineering leadership experience in a 24/7 manufacturing environment
- recent experience in a high hazard/COMAH environment
- experience in delivering improvements in aspects of legal compliance (such as PUWER, Water Hygiene, PSSR, DSEAR and LOLER)
- competence in mechanical, electrical, control and automation disciplines
- ability to lead activity to improve overall equipment reliability through the application of maintenance best practices
- experience of scoping and identifying performance requirements, commissioning and handover of large capital investments as well as proven success in complete ownership of smaller investment projects
You should be a proven leader, with drive and clarity of vision, able to suggest and explore new opportunities to transition us from reactively fixing assets towards a stable reliable future. We want you to influence and set our future direction of travel in engineering.
We focus on continuous improvement under our ‘True North’ programme, with company-wide core values uniting our workforce. For all employees, safety at work and working together are part of day-to-day life at North British. A culture of support and opportunity enables those who work here to thrive in their chosen field.
We welcome your interest in this role and invite you to download a full candidate brochure here. To apply, please send your CV to Ailsa Sutherland, Director, FWB Park Brown at email@example.com or for a confidential discussion, please contact her at our Edinburgh office on 0131 539 7087.