Home » Site Finance Manager
- February 05, 2019
Founded in 1885 The North British Distillery Company Ltd (the Company/NBD) is jointly owned, via Lothian Distillers Limited by The Edrington Group and Diageo – two of the world’s most successful and respected drinks companies.
The Company provides a secure and reliable source of grain whisky to both companies together with a range of other well-known whisky producers and as such it is a critical part of the industry supply chain. The grain spirit NBD produces is found in many of the most recognisable brand names, such as The Famous Grouse, Johnnie Walker, Chivas Regal, and J&B.
NBD also provide maturation warehousing services and has strong commitment to green energy generation and the environment. The Company combines the very best of heritage and traditional values with a modern and innovative approach. The company operates a large maturation warehousing site at Muirhall, West Calder with automated facilities for filling and disgorging casks.
Reporting to the Finance Director, we are looking to recruit a Site Finance Manager for the West Calder facility who will have responsibility for leading on financial and commercial support for the entire customer logistics and warehousing aspects of the business, identifying and supporting opportunities for improving cost performance throughout the business whilst ensuring first class services to all internal and external customers are maintained.
This is a crucial new role to provide cost analysis, advice and support to the business in minimising manufacturing and service delivery costs and maximising income opportunities. The Site Finance Manager will also review, establish and monitor procurement processes across the business to ensure best value is achieved in all areas of expenditure.
The Site Finance Manager will input to the long-term strategic vision for the Company’s warehousing and customer service areas and will be part of a site management team that includes Warehouse Operations, Planning and Customer Service, Engineering and Facilities. Working closely with the Site Director, Continuous Improvement Director, Operations Director, Planning and HR the Site Finance Manager will identify and drive financial and commercial improvement projects, monitoring progress to encourage positive, sustainable change.
We are looking for candidates who can work autonomously and will take ownership for driving commercial and financial results and savings at the Muirhall Site and who can positively influence and challenge across all levels of the business from shop floor to boardroom. You will be able to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders, with varying degree of financial literacy, and partner with and report to the Edinburgh based finance function effectively from an ‘off-site’ position.
You should have a proven track record in financial analysis, cost/project accounting and business partnering and experience in a manufacturing or FMCG environment is desirable but not essential.
Main Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Working closely with all departments, particularly Production and Warehousing, to provide financial and commercial support and training where required
- Identifying and supporting opportunities for improving cost performance throughout the business
- Lead and drive cost transformation projects and manage day-to-day co-ordination of issue resolution
- Analysing actual manufacturing costs and preparing regular reports comparing budget costs to actual production costs to track performance
- Assist departments with the development of Profit Improvement Plans, measuring actual performance to target and working with local teams to prepare an action plan in response to any under-performance
- Collating and reporting of overall company savings through “True North” continuous improvement initiatives
- Supporting individuals with CAPEX projects, including capital investment appraisals and post implementation reviews to monitor costs and projected savings
- Driving company-wide progress in negotiating the best supplier terms, pricing and delivery based on a fixed budget as well as the manufacturing plan, to keep production supplies maintained
- Inspiring departments to seek and compare new potential suppliers to ensure the best deals are achieved across the Company, using comparative quotes and tenders where appropriate
For further information or a confidential conversation please contact:
Michael Dickson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you can contact us by phone on 0131 539 7087
To apply or request a full candidate brochure please enquire / send your CV to email@example.com