Home » Software Director
- August 09, 2021
Optos was founded on the mission to revolutionise retinal imaging and save sight, with the introduction of an innovative, patient-friendly device that captures a digital, ultra-widefield image of the retina. Today, millions of patients around the world have benefited from optomap® retinal imaging.
As a division of Nikon Co. Ltd, Japan since 2015, Optos is approaching its 30th anniversary and is proud to be recognized as a leading provider of ophthalmic products and services to eye care professionals that provide a more complete approach to patient care.
Optos core products produce high resolution optomap images of 82% or 200◦ of the retina, something no other imaging device is capable of in a single comfortable capture. The most recent innovation from Optos integrates ultra-widefield retinal imaging and image-guided Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT). This combined device facilitates the early detection, management and effective treatment of disorders and diseases evidenced in the retina such as retinal detachments and tears, glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy, and age-related macular degeneration.
Optos is seeking an experienced Software Development leader to develop, scale and direct the software organisation within the Global R&D department, delivering next generation Medical Imaging products and services.
Reporting to the CTO, you will bring extensive experience of technical leadership in the development and deployment of large-scale software solutions, preferably within a multi-disciplinary team and an instrumentation or medical device domain.
We are looking to appoint a highly skilled, adaptable and credible leader into this position. He or she will have great communications skills, be able to engage with tech and non-tech stakeholders internally and externally, be diligent and robust and a strong all round technical leader.
We would love to hear from candidates with:
- Senior Management experience in the scaling and management of engineering organisations while executing complex, instrumentation-based technology programmes.
- Experience building and deploying high performance applications at scale
- Bachelor’s or Masters degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Product Development Experience preferably within a regulated environment
- Display a true passion for quality and continuous improvement of processes
- Demonstrated experience leading a cross-functional team fostering innovation, creativity, and teamwork
- Experience of cross-functional collaboration and leadership
- Agile processes (Scrum, Lean, etc.)
A full candidate brochure is available to download here.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Ailsa Sutherland at email@example.com or contact her on 0131 539 7087 for a confidential discussion.