Home » Software Engineering Manager – Applications
- December 08, 2017
Optos is a medical technology company and global leader in ophthalmic imaging, delivering state-of-the-art technologies to eyecare professionals and driving improvements to patient outcomes. Optos’ core devices capture ultra-widefield (UWF™), high resolution digital images of the retina (optomap®), capturing approximately 82% or 200◦ of the retina in a single shot – something no other device is capable of doing.
Ultra-widefield retinal imaging is an important tool for the screening, diagnosis and management of eye problems such as retinal detachment, glaucoma, cataracts, retinal holes/retinal tears and age-related macular degeneration. It can also indicate evidence of non-eye diseases such as diabetes, hypertension and certain cancers.
As part of its vision to become The Retina Company, Optos is committed to developing new products and services, enhancing the clinical impact of its technology portfolio and becoming the standard of care to help eyecare professionals around the world save sight and lives.
Optos is currently recruiting a Software Engineering Manager – Applications to help drive a world-class engineering division and deliver its next generation medical imaging solutions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides leadership to establish a clear vision for success and the guidance to achieve that vision
- Grows technical competencies, expertise and engineering best practices within the team, developing the skills to deliver high-value and innovative technologies
- Leads the multi-disciplinary Application Software team to deliver on their goals
- Provides line management, mentoring and support to the team
- Responsible for key technical and deployment decisions, reviewing design, code and quality delivered by the team, ensuring rigorous standards are met and driving improvement
- Facilitate and contribute to design sessions, supporting the team to establish credible plans
- Develop a culture of open communication with organisational stakeholders to optimise project collaborations and ensure clarity across engineering and management groups
- University degree (ideally at 2:1 or better) in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related technical field (or equivalent practical experience)
- Substantial experience leading software engineering teams (coaching junior engineers, setting technical direction, improving working practices, managing delivery etc.)
- Substantial expertise in applying SOLID design principles, concurrent programming, writing great code and writing great automated tests
- Substantial expertise in .NET, C#, WPF, XAML, Prism (or similar framework) and Visual Studio
- Significant experience of leading Lean / Agile project delivery
- Experience of end-to-end Product Ownership
- Experience of real time engineering systems development from integration with hardware through to customer-facing applications
- Experience of delivering software for medical devices
- Inspired by Optos’ mission to save sight and lives
- Results oriented, driven and dynamic, bringing energy to everything you do
- Excited by the opportunity to be a key influencer in the direction our device software takes for years to come
- Passionate about continuous improvement
- Thrives working cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment
- Committed to promoting diversity of thought and of experience in your team, to help drive a culture of innovation
- Able to adapt your leadership style to meet the individual needs of the members of your team and of colleagues in the wider organisation
This is a high impact role in the business with responsibility for driving innovation in the design and development of the software that powers Optos’ novel retinal imaging hardware across a range of new product development initiatives and existing products.
To apply, please send your CV, your motivation letter and your current remuneration details to Leah Ronaldson at FWB Park Brown at email@example.com