Home » Supply Chain Director
- October 14, 2020
Since 1923, Aviagen® has been a preferred global poultry breeding company with a mission to help its customers — the world’s chicken meat producers — supply sustainable, affordable and nutritious protein to their growing communities. Putting into practice its corporate value of “Breeding Sustainability,” Aviagen implements efficiencies that make commercial chicken production environmentally and socially responsible and economically beneficial to producers, while at the same time promoting bird performance, health and welfare.
To meet varied market demands, Aviagen offers a full portfolio of breeding stock under the Arbor Acres®, Indian River® and Ross® brand names. The Rowan Range® and Specialty Males® target slower-growing and other niche market needs. Aviagen is based in Huntsville, Alabama, US., with operations across the UK, Europe, Turkey, Latin America, India, Australia, New Zealand, Africa and the US, and joint ventures in Asia. The company employs close to 8,000 people and serves customers in 100 countries.
Based in Newbridge and reporting to the General Manager, Aviagen UK Limited is seeking a Supply Chain Director to lead and develop the Supply Chain Function including; Planning, Customer Services (UK & EU), Quality Assurance, Egg and chick Transport and Logistics departments. The role is key to ensuring that both internal and external customers receive highest quality chicks in the right quantity and at the time ordered.
As a member of the executive team, the Supply Chain Director will ensure that the supply chain team supports the operational strategy of the business through planning, logistics and quality operations across the UK business.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a customer focused Supply Chain Leader to join a respected and established market leader and drive value and improvement through an already well performing business unit.
The individual will assume responsibility for the following;
- Planning in order to match production vs sales demand of customers in a complex operation that incorporates a number of differing product and breed types.
- Ensuring excellent order fulfilment through clear communication across a wide range of functions and internal business units.
- Developing the business analytics function for optimisation of production, handling and transport and scheduling as well as assisting with scenario planning in order to cater for the business needs.
- Actively work with Operations to manage the production strategy for supply of all breed types.
- Provide support to the QA team in the investigation of any customer complaints and work with colleagues across the business to understand learnings in order to implement actions and improve procedures in the future to maintain the excellent quality of birds delivered to customers.
- Maintain and continue the development of documented standards and procedures and appropriate systems to ensure consistency and efficiency of operation as well as reporting on performance.
- The management of all legal, legislative and internal compliance requirements in documentation and operational processes related to logistics.
- Plan, monitor and manage the financial budget for all related departments.
- Provide comprehensive and accurate records and documents to satisfy audit procedures.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record within a planning and supply chain leadership role within a complex business, preferably within a relevant FMCG or production related business.
They will possess strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to advise and influence colleagues in a calm and logical manner.
The Successful candidate will have excellent analytical skills with the ability to evaluate alternative options, objectively assessing and recommending the most appropriate action to be implemented.
They will also possess strong people management skills including experience of managing a multi-disciplinary team as well as displaying and actively promoting a “can do” attitude and a “delivery” mind-set while remaining calm in challenging situations.
Given the organisation operates alongside a number of European business units, and has engagement with a shared services function, it is important the individual is able to work collaboratively and build strong relationships across business functions.
To apply, please send your CV to Jamie Brown at FWB Park Brown at email@example.com