Home » Sustainability Manager
- March 25, 2022
The Weir Group PLC is a global business headquartered in Glasgow, Scotland, with a reputation for excellence in the design and manufacture of specialist equipment. The company provides highly engineered mission-critical solutions for mining, energy and infrastructure customers around the world.
Its engineers work closely with customers to understand their operational challenges and help improve productivity and lower total operating costs. As a trusted market leader Weir knows the importance of customer support in the need-it-now industries it serves. With an unrivalled global network of over 100 service centres, Weir ensures customers get the solutions they need where and when they need them. It is this customer-focused approach that has led Weir to become one of the world’s leading engineering businesses, with approximately 18,000 people operating in over 70 countries.
Weir Group PLC has been listed on the London Stock Exchange since 1947 and currently has a market capitalisation of circa £4.5 billion. The Group is composed of three divisions that each serve aftermarket-intensive markets with positive long-term prospects.
Find out more about The Weir Group’s approach to sustainability by watching the video below:
Purpose of Role
The mining industry consumes significant amounts of energy and water but the minerals the sector produces are absolutely critical to enabling carbon transition. The challenge is therefore how do Weir help their customers produce more while using less energy, water and waste and make mining more sustainable.
Weir’s customers require them to be able to quantify the relative sustainability benefit from using their technology solutions vs other alternatives – the ‘Scope 4’ avoided emissions, and water, from our products in use. This role will provide the single point of accountability for both the delivery and governance of value adding Scope 4 data to enable the R&D, engineering, sales and marketing teams to address this customer challenge.
In this role you will be responsible for 3 main accountabilities in partnership with the Divisions:
- Develop and Maintain Scope 4 Model
- Develop and Maintain Scope 4 Data
- Develop and Maintain Scope 4 Insights and Capability
- This role is a member of the Chief Strategy & Sustainability Officer’s (CS&SO) team but is a shared resource to drive Minerals, ESCO and Group Scope 4 priorities.
- Educated to at least degree level or equivalent plus relevant sustainability focused post graduate or professional qualification.
- Relevant post degree experience (minimum of 5 years) ideally within a multi-national listed company or company-advisory organization
- Proven track record of carbon modelling including in depth knowledge of key carbon accounting methodologies
- Commercial and customer value focused analytical skills
- Project management and complex problem disaggregation
- Skilled in developing data insights and data visualisation
- A collaborative team member with excellent listening skills who builds rapport quickly and uses a consultative and partnering approach to working with the business.
- Tenacious and resilient with a capacity to overcome barriers and drive change
- Experience and the ability to interact and influence across a wide range of internal and external stakeholders and particularly at senior management levels.
There will also be a requirement for some international travel from time to time.
The Group sustainability team are based out of Weir Group HQ in Glasgow, UK. but this role could potentially be located anywhere in the UK and Europe.
Moderate UK and international travel may be required to engage with the businesses and attend knowledge building events and meetings.
To download the candidate brochure, please click here.
Interested candidates should send their CV, with full remuneration details, to Jaclyn Needham of FWB Park Brown at email@example.com. For a confidential conversation, please call 0131 539 7087.
- Glasgow / Flexible