Home » Talent Management Lead
- December 22, 2022
10 month contract role.
A HOME FOR RARE CHARACTERS
William Grant & Sons: a home where Rare Characters thrive.
We value every employee for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Every one of our colleagues has a role to play in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions.
In this role you will act as a Talent Management Lead to develop and oversee the global Talent Management strategy, ensuring that as an organisation they have the infrastructure, processes and capabilities to support our Talent to optimise their potential. Provide subject matter expertise across the organisation on all aspects of Talent Management including Performance Management, Succession Planning and Talent Assessment / Identification. Support the business to build an organisation with a culture that supports the Company Values and the long-term perspective that defines the Company.
- Take the lead on providing input and oversight of the global Talent agenda and to support the Chief People Officer, HR Leadership Team and Head of Talent in this respect.
- Support the Head of Talent to provide strategic oversight and governance of the current status of Talent Management within WG&S, drawing on data and insight from multiple sources to build a rounded perspective of progress made, and current priority areas.
- Provide thought leadership and act as a subject matter expert to drive and deliver improvements to the Talent lifecycle and employee experience, working across different Business Units to ensure consistency where required, yet allowing for local approaches to be supported where needed.
- Collaborate across the organisation, building strong relationships with HR colleagues and Business leaders to develop awareness and build understanding of good Talent practices.
- Collaborate with the L&D team to ensure resources optimise the development of talent at both a general and an individual level.
- Work closely with the Talent Acquisition Lead to ensure that Talent practices are aligned and consistent, and collaborate on opportunities to support decision making around selection decisions (e.g. building fair and robust selection processes, supporting with assessor skill building, validating processes).
- Work closely with the Talent Acquisition Lead and HR Directors to gain visibility of internal Talent and support internal mobility.
- Provide direction and develop governance around core Talent Management processes (e.g. Talent Reviews, Performance Management) to drive centrally executed initiatives and provide feedback and support to local teams where activities and delivered locally. Support the building, monitoring, and growth of robust and healthy talent pools.
- Provide practical delivery of key talent projects (e.g. assessor upskill, selection process design, career pathing, etc).
Our ideal candidate
You will have a depth of Talent experience in a cross functional organisation, ideally in a global setting. You will be able to demonstrate strong stakeholder management skills and be able to build successful relationships quickly.
This is a maternity cover role from early 2023.
This role can be based in Cumbernauld, Glasgow or Richmond, London and will work in a hybrid 3 days office, 2 days at home pattern.
This role will involve planned travel to collaborate across this unique business.
To apply, please send your CV to Jaclyn Needham, Director at FWB Park Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org. For an initial confidential conversation please contact 0131 539 7087.
- Cumbernauld / Richmond