Home » Technical Sales
- October 03, 2016
Interwell is a highly successful international provider of well intervention equipment and services to the oil & gas industry. The company has a reputation for delivering high quality technical solutions, and is committed to strengthening client relationships within the Asia Pacific Region by enhancing its in-region technical, sales and support capabilities.
The company is in the process of growing its Asia Pacific exposure and looking to add to its sales team in the region. This position is regarded as a key strategic appointment central to Interwell’s growth objectives, and carries significant responsibility for driving forward sales and winning profitable new orders. The appointee will have the opportunity to grow and develop significant business stream and forge a rewarding career within the company.
Requiring an experienced individual who will be dedicated to supporting the well intervention needs of operators in the region, the appointee’s key objective will be to build on further opportunity to support and develop the company’s core regional client base. It is anticipated that the appointee will be instrumental in further establishing Interwell’s presence in the region and will contribute to the in-region support infrastructure centred on the service needs of a demanding customer base.
Reporting directly to the Regional Sales Manager, the appointee will be a member of a growing sales team in the region. He/she will also interact with the global sales team in Norway and other areas.
Interwell seeks a candidate with a qualified degree in an appropriate engineering discipline. The appointee must also possess and display the presence and maturity to influence and win the confidence of customers and ultimately new orders.
Specifically, our client seeks a candidate with the following qualities:
- Credible oil & gas industry professional capable of demonstrating solid business acumen and a successful sales track record
- Strong technical knowledge and experience in completions and well intervention in the region
- Comfortable with employing an applications-oriented approach to providing solutions to both technical and operational problems
- Well-networked at appropriate levels within the oil and gas community, professionally respected by both customers and industry peers
- Proven experience at making effective cold calls and opening doors
- A well organized, relationship builder with strong interpersonal and negotiating skills, along with outstanding commercial awareness.
- Proven ability to build and maintain solid relationships with both customers and colleagues
- A proactive self-starter, with the necessary drive, determination and social skills to develop commercially advantageous customer relationships that subsequently generate profitable business
- Strong knowledge and experience of the Asia Pacific business culture, with an understanding of the trading environment, politics and sensitivities associated with doing business in the region
- A resilient character possessing the highest degree of integrity, honesty and commitment
- Structured, well planned and organized; focused on delivery and very effective at getting things done
- Strong communicator, able to interact effectively at all levels within an organization
- Ambitious and self-reliant, with drive, energy, resourcefulness and organizational skills, while maintaining a high standard of reporting and accountability
- Flexible and adaptable; gets on board quickly with new strategies and goals
- Positive, enthusiastic and proactive; possessing a “can-do” attitude
- Self-motivated learner with determination and desire to improve their own performance and that of the company
- Basic knowledge of and experience with current software applications including the Microsoft suite of products and previous experience in effectively utilizing a CRM application
- Fluent in Malay
For further details, and to express an interest and apply, please contact Mary McIntyre on +1 281 404 4335, or Mary@fwbparkbrown.com
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia