Home » Technology Accelerator Director
- May 15, 2017
This is an opportunity to join the newly established Oil and Gas Technology Centre (OGTC) that will have a strategic impact on extending the competitive life of the UK’s oil and gas industry.
The OGTC has been created to become the ‘go to’ world class technology centre for developing, adapting and deploying technology in support to the oil and gas industry. Working through Solution Centres and local Centres of Excellence, the OGTC is committed to not only maximising the economic recovery of the North Sea, but also doubling associated oil and gas supply chain exports over the next ten years.
To assist in this mission, the OGTC is looking to appoint a Technology Accelerator Director (based in Aberdeen). Reporting directly to the CEO, the Technology Accelerator Director will be tasked to add value commercially, strategically and operationally within the OGTC.
This role will encompass all aspects of technology development, adaption and adoption lifecycle. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Origination of technology acceleration opportunities within critical sectors.
- Sourcing and evaluation of potential high value technologies from other industries.
- Development, negotiation and execution of approved technology acceleration programmes.
- Monitoring client company performance (operator and technology supplier).
- Management of specific technology acceleration projects within client companies.
- Managing an external network with technology focused venture capital firms, private equity firms and the advisor community.
The successful candidate will have a first-class academic background, including a numerical degree from a top university, and outstanding interpersonal skills.
We are interested in hearing from those with strong analytical and operational experience from the following backgrounds:
- Operator, Operator VC or PE professionals from within a technology oriented firm.
- Technology strategy consultants with a leading international firm,
- Corporate finance/M&A with a leading oil and gas service company.
The successful candidate will be an experienced and credible senior manager or Director and if appointed will form part of a strong and balanced leadership team, supporting the CEO in the implementation of a clear strategy.
Interested candidates should send their application to Stephen Sheal of FWB Park Brown, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 01224 317 344 for a confidential discussion.