Home » Trustee
- August 04, 2022
The Virgin Money Foundation (VMF) were set up by Virgin Money, who financially support the Foundation. Their ambition is to make a real and lasting difference in the places that need it most by working in partnership with organisations who are committed to regenerating their area and investing in community activies that have a meaningful impact.
We are looking for an additional trustee to help govern activity to help support their growth plans. They believe that big changes happen locally and back the incredible people who have the imagination, commitment and skills to change their neighbourhood for the better. They invest in their work, support and fund other resources that can help provide and make their impact as great as possible.
Since it launched in 2015, VMF has awarded £11 million to people and community organisations working in places that need the most support. Their work has focused on the North of England but over time, are expanding their footprint to other areas of the UK, most notably Glasgow, Yorkshire and Humber and looking at how they can make an impact nationally. It is really something special to be part of.
What you will be doing:
- Along with the existing board members you’ll support the Virgin Money Foundation by setting its strategy and deciding how it should use the resources it has to make the biggest difference possible.
- The Trustees have a collective responsibility to ensure the proper administration of the charity, safeguard its funds and make sure that all its assets and resources are used efficiently and effectively.
- The Board meets once a quarter for a full board meeting which lasts 2-3 hours, has an additional strategy day once per year and all trustees are asked to commit to one additional sub-committee quarterly lasting 2-3 hours. Travel and accommodation costs are covered by the Foundation.
We are looking for experience in:
- Financial Management and Accountancy – the Foundation is specifically seeking to recruit a qualified accountant for one of the positions, finance professional or equivalent who will chair the Audit, Finance and Risk Committee and bring additional financial acumen to the Board however we are also open to speaking to individuals without as well for an additional position
- Evidence of strategic thinking at Board or Executive level
- Knowledge of social and public policy issues is advantageous
- Experience of grant making is also desirable
Virgin Money Foundation is proud to be an inclusive employer. They recognise and celebrate the benefits that a diverse and inclusive workforce bring to their business, staff and customers. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender, race or nationality, religion, or belief.
Should you require more information before applying or would like to request the full candidate brochure please get in touch with Lindsay Cramond at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact her on 0131 539 7087 for a confidential discussion.