Home » UK Finance Director
- July 28, 2022
With over forty years’ experience in the telecommunications industry, Emtelle is a leading global manufacturer of blown fibre, ducted network solutions, and power duct systems and solutions. Serving customers in over 100 countries globally from 8 manufacturing hubs including the Scottish Borders, Denmark, Germany, Wales, the USA and the UAE, Emtelle is the supplier of choice for FTTx network deployments worldwide.
Emtelle has responded quickly to changes in technology, market demand and customer expectations. The Emtelle innovative and forward-thinking approach to solving problems for customers has positioned the Group as a leading-edge proponent of modern telecoms solutions and a global market leader across multiple sectors.
Recent acquisitions and organic growth have significantly expanded the global footprint of the company and Emtelle now employs over 750 people worldwide. International projects include water supply in Scandinavia, power supply and ITS for highway and rail in the UK, irrigation in India, and blown fibre solutions in Europe, Asia and the Americas.
Emtelle UK remains the largest component of the Group, with turnover more than doubling in the last five years. To support this and enable future growth, Emtelle UK are looking to add to the existing strength of the Finance Leadership Team with the appointment of a technically excellent and highly commercial and operational UK Finance Director (UKFD)
The UKFD will help to drive business performance through strong leadership and devising, reporting and monitoring of key metrics to meet the strategic requirements of the company. The successful candidate will report to the Group CFO, based in Scotland.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leadership, development and mentoring of UK Finance to become an extremely high performing team.
- Further develop the robust controls framework and month end processes, producing high quality management information and commentary.
- Provide insightful analysis to explain variances to budget/forecast, informing key actions and decision making.
- Work closely with the Group Financial Controller to ensure regulatory requirements are met for annual reporting and compliance.
- Regularly review and design internal controls to mitigate financial risk
- Develop and improve ERP system and standard costing systems to add value across all operations.
- Responsibility for regulatory compliance including annual audit, statutory accounts for UK entities and tax compliance
- Contributing strongly to key decisions of the Senior Management Team across all aspects of the business.
You will be a fully qualified accountant, a driven and ambitious individual looking to add value at every stage. You will be operationally involved and focused on leading change in the organisation. You will be highly motivated with excellent attention to detail with outstanding organisational and communication skills. We are open on sector background but some experience of commercial and operational Senior Finance roles in Manufacturing will be of interest.
For full details on the role and further information on the company please download the candidate brochure here.
Interested candidates should send their CV, with full remuneration details, to Graham Burns at email@example.com. For a confidential conversation, please call 07738 182813.
- Scotland / Hybrid