Home » UK Financial Controller
- September 15, 2022
The Wilkie Group is a global technical textile manufacturer, with manufacturing facilities in the UK and China and sales operations across Asia, the UK and Europe and North America. The Group is currently going through a period of transformative change with several recently completed strategic acquisitions in the implementation phase, along with a number of organic growth opportunities in the pipeline. These are expected to double the size of the UK business and move the global group to a £50m turnover in the next 3 years
The UK Finance team, operating within J&D Wilkie Ltd, are seeking to appoint a high performing, ambitious and commercially astute Financial Controller. The successful candidate is expected to play a leading role both within the team and its current operations and in process improvement, system automation and in developing business partnering and FP&A.
The UK Financial Controller will have the ability to manage and develop a team of finance professionals, develop strong relationships across the business, drive positive change across the finance function to meet the strategic requirements of the company and facilitate future growth. The successful candidate will report to the Group CFO, based in Kirriemuir.
As Financial Controller you will lead, manage and develop the UK finance team with responsibility for all reporting, accounting, controls and processes across the function. You will have excellent IT skills and have experience in developing ERP systems and financial processes.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leadership, development and mentoring of UK Finance to become an extremely high performing team.
- Further develop the robust controls framework and month end processes, producing high quality management accounts and commentary.
- Manage UK Treasury and Tax functions, monthly Financial Reporting and Financial Analysis of manufacturing operations.
- Develop and improve ERP system and standard costing systems to add value across all operations.
- Responsibility for annual audit, statutory accounts for UK entities and involvement in Group statutory accounts preparation.
- Contributing strongly to key decisions of the Senior Leadership Team across all aspects of the business.
You will be a fully qualified accountant, a driven and ambitious individual looking to add value at every stage. You will desire to be operationally involved and focused on leading change in the organisation. You will be highly motivated with excellent attention to detail, have outstanding organisational skills and be able to both express ideas and listen to others. We are open on sector background but some experience in Manufacturing, including standard costing and reporting, will be of interest.
To view the candidate brochure, please click here.
Interested candidates should send their CV, with full remuneration details, to Graham Burns at email@example.com. For a confidential conversation, please call 07738 182813.