At the end of February 2022, our own Judy Wagner CA was recognised in ICAS’ ‘Six CAs over Sixty’, which celebrates the career and longevity of six accomplished Chartered Accountants and offers advice to the next cohort of CAs.
We are extremely proud to see Judy recognised alongside 5 other very accomplished business professionals and congratulate them all in each of their achievements and careers to date.
Recognised in in 2022 ‘Six Over Sixty’ alongside Judy were:
- Martin Gilbert CA
- Co-Founder and now retired CEO of Aberdeen Asset Management, Chairman of AssetCo plc and Chairman of Revolut.
- Clive Bellingham CA
- Previous PWC Partner and member of the Global Board. Member of the Board for Advance Women in Swiss Business and Vice President of ICAS.
- Marta Phillips OBE CA
- Previous CEO of The Pensions Advisory Service, Director of Compliance for the National Lottery Commission, and now plural NXD including London Fire Brigade and The Nursing and Midwifery Council.
- Alick Hay CA
- Entrepreneur, Owner of Duns Castle and previous Chair of Scotland’s Historic Houses Association.
- Alan Begg CA
- Plural NXD whose portfolio has included roles with Queen Mary University of London, GreenSquare Group, Islington Council and Penge Churches Housing Association.
In her interview for the article, Judy provides an insight into her successful entrepreneurial career in the recruitment industry and what she has been doing to help woman into the boardroom.
When discussing one of the ways she has done this, co-founding the University of Edinburgh Executive Women in Leadership programme in 2016, she says, “I wanted to look at opening up the funnel for women … we’ve had more than 220 women through it and we now have a really broad network across Scotland.”
Speaking about the needs for a multifaceted workplace, Judy noted, “the best teams are those that are truly diverse, with everyone learning from each other. Older staff can learn much from younger people, and vice versa.”
To read the full article, please click here.