Home » Chief Executive Officer
- December 19, 2022
The National Security Inspectorate (NSI) is the leading third-party Certification Body in the UK and Republic of Ireland, for the security and fire sectors. Operating for over 50 years, the NSI inspects companies in the sector, to ensure they adhere to key standards and codes of practice.
NSI prides itself on the strength and long-term nature of its relationships with customers and key stakeholders in the sector, including insurance companies and the emergency services. NSI is seen as an expert in its field and a flag-bearer for excellence in the fire and security sectors. The organisation has over 1500 approved companies, representing in the region of 75% of the sector. Approved companies include large corporates such as ADT, Chubb and G4S plus hundreds of small and medium sized enterprises in the fire and security sectors.
Beyond its core activities of inspection, certification, influencing and thought leadership, the NSI has been successful in diversifying and generating new income streams through the provision of high-quality training, facilities management, environmental and health & safety management systems certification. The company is limited by guarantee and operates as a not- for-profit business.
The planned retirement of the current Chief Executive Officer, Richard Jenkins, in 2023 has created the opportunity to appoint his successor. Reporting to the Non-Executive Chair, the CEO will have a central remit for all aspects of the organisations operational, commercial, cultural and financial performance. He or she will naturally be a very strong leader with outstanding communication, influencing and relationship building skills across a wide range of multi-dimensional stakeholders.
Purpose of the role:
- To provide strong leadership, direction and guidance to the Executive Leadership Team, with a view to achieving the organisations vision, strategy and goals.
- Create the leadership capability and manage the day-to-day activities to successfully and efficiently deliver NSI services and objectives.
- Develop the future business development and growth opportunities, bringing the Executive Leadership Team along with and making appropriate recommendations to the Board.
- Engage, with confidence and gravitas, with the Public and Private Sectors in equal measure and inspire, drive and influence internal and external stakeholders.
- Further raise the profile of NSI and position the organisation firmly ahead of the curve in terms of safety, security and thought leadership.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead a highly innovative, relevant and hugely important organisation at a very interesting stage of its development. Applications are welcomed from outstanding leaders with a wide range of commercial backgrounds. Experience of leading complex, SME organisations in the service sector and managing a diverse range of stakeholders will be particularly useful. Some exposure to the insurance industry, construction, facilities management and security will also be of value.
Interested candidates should send their CV, with full remuneration details, to Graham Burns of FWB Park Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org. For a confidential conversation, please call 0131 539 7087.