Home » Neighbourhoods for Independent Living
- October 25, 2020
FWB Park Brown are delighted to be working with Blackwood Group on the appointment of several positions for their ground-breaking Neighbourhoods for Independent Living project.
For further details please see our dedicated microsite, Blackwood – Neighbourhoods for Independent Living, or download the individual candidate brochures below.
Blackwood – Neighbourhoods for Independent Living
Can you help Scotland be the best place to live a healthier and longer life?
We are looking for inspiring people who can help design Scotland’s neighbourhoods for healthy ageing. Co-designing with the local community and engaging with great partners, Blackwood aims to test and measure what supports people to live healthy and active lives as they age. With the help of technology, and insight from residents, this is a cutting-edge ambitious programme to help Scotland be the best place to live life to the full.
Our exciting partnership programme in three areas of Scotland focuses on five important healthy ageing challenges:
- Designing and adapting age friendly homes that are accessible, affordable, beautiful and connected.
- Sustaining physical activities by providing local people with a range of activities and fun as they exercise and engage with others.
- Managing common issues of ageing as we offer people products and services to age well, feeling safe and secure in their neighbourhoods, so they can live independently.
- Supporting social connections by helping people be confident online and offering more choice and control through technology as they connect with others.
- Creating healthy and active places so that people help design their neighbourhood as a welcoming, accessible and beautiful place to live.
You will be working with the latest in technological solutions, the highest standard of accessibility, and with industry and academic partners. Here are just some of the products you’ll help develop.
- THE BLACKWOOD HOUSE Beautiful, affordable, accessible and connected homes that adapt as people age to support independent
- CLEVERCOGS™ A tablet-based, customisable, safe, intuitive digital system designed to support people by providing them with a range of services and information linked to their health and well-being goals.
- AI SMART METER MONITORING Using artificial intelligence to help predict when people may need help e.g. haven’t got out of bed by 10am and the person is always up between 8 and 15.
- DIGITAL HUB Using a fun game experience to encourage and connect with others. The hub will set lifestyle goals and celebrate progress in residents’ online
Our pioneering programme will use the new products and services to promote and motivate neighbourhood connections with rewards. Our partners will engage with local communities, with your help, to assess and design what will give people those five more healthy, active years.
Our Employee Benefits package
Our people are our greatest assets and we have been in awe of the fantastic work all our teams have continued to provide to our customers during the Covid-19 pandemic. As a result, we provide:
- Fully paid induction and personal development opportunities
- Company sick pay scheme on completion of probationary period
- 34 days’ holiday per annum, pro rata for part-time hours
- Company pension scheme and Death in Service Benefit
- Flexible and family-friendly policy and procedures
- Access to employee wellbeing support networks such as a 24/7 Employee Assistance Program, Mental Health First Aiders, Wellbeing Hub and employee engagement forum
Guidance for applicants
In accordance with the new immigration rules, employers must hold a licence of sponsorship to recruit all overseas candidates who do not have the right to work in the UK. It is with regret that this role does not meet the current suitability requirements set by the UKVI to enable sponsorship of migrant workers. Therefore, we cannot progress applications from candidates who require sponsorship to work in the UK.
We ask that all applicants read the relevant Job Pack before completing the application form/submitting a CV.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Standard Disclosure or PVG check.
Blackwood is committed to diversity and inclusion and as an accredited Disability Confident Employer, we will interview all candidates with a disability who meet the minimum requirements for the post.
For any other queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org